Yellow Bullet Forums banner

141 - 160 of 241 Posts

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #141
Why is the big end of that rod black? It's not a shadow.

I'll contact Tom.
Call him big boy he will tell you the bearing didn’t spin it is pretty oblivious from the later pictures that was posted the first set of pictures I posted my phone had oil all over it from when I was taking the engine apart.
You are nothing more than a salesman and a parts jockey that owns a piston catalog. So for the sake of this thread that is about my engine you can keep your thoughts and your pie hole shut!!

I started this thread for us guys that spend hard earned coin to discuss what happen with one of the rods in my engine. And you show up trying to make a point that not true it didn’t spin the bearing.

Steve

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #143
I've heard nothing but good things about Tom's stuff, and I'm glad he's personally taking a look at it. Will be interesting to see what he finds.
I agree with you Colorado, I am sure the engine must have been hurt when I bought it. But it didn’t spin a bearing like Kitty Cat keeps claiming!
Steve

·
Registered
3,908 Posts
I agree with you Colorado, I am sure the engine must have been hurt when I bought it. But it didn’t spin a bearing like Kitty Cat keeps claiming!
Steve

On that first pic, that was my guess as well from the color I saw. But since seeing the bearing and and you saying it's different in the pics, that kinda rules that out.

·
FHRITP
49,947 Posts
They are. Don't worry about it.

As I repeatedly say...engines are broken by tuners, poor maintenance, drivers, and engine builders.....in that order. Keep your tune right and you'll be fine.
🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️🤦🏿‍♂️

·
Idiot Savant
163,813 Posts
Call him big boy he will tell you the bearing didn’t spin it is pretty oblivious from the later pictures that was posted the first set of pictures I posted my phone had oil all over it from when I was taking the engine apart.
You are nothing more than a salesman and a parts jockey that owns a piston catalog. So for the sake of this thread that is about my engine you can keep your thoughts and your pie hole shut!!

I started this thread for us guys that spend hard earned coin to discuss what happen with one of the rods in my engine. And you show up trying to make a point that not true it didn’t spin the bearing.

Steve
I didn't shoot a shitty picture and immediately go on the internet blame the manufacturer....you did.

If you knew what you were doing, you have figured it out before bad mouthing Molnar.

I built up to 750 motors a year, hot rod....which probably exceeds your what.......two?

And I'll speak when I choose.

You're like Ben.

·
Registered
721 Posts
They are. Don't worry about it.

For that matter I am intimately familiar with a 1,700+ HP turbo car that ran the same set of Eagle rods for years. As I repeatedly say...engines are broken by tuners, poor maintenance, drivers, and engine builders.....in that order. Keep your tune right and you'll be fine. Screw the pooch and nothing will save you.

Ben calls me every Monday uncomplaining about quality and needing parts.

John calls me every 27 years, complaining because his parts only lasted 27 years.

Be like John.
I hope so, because this will also be the first motor I have ever built as well lol

·
Long Live The King
100,311 Posts
Steve
Damn sorry about your engine. That just sucks no matter the cause. Hate to see stuff like that. It sure puts a damper on your future plans.

Some of us actually like this stuff.... others just make money from it.

·
Registered
2,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #151
Damn sorry about your engine. That just sucks no matter the cause. Hate to see stuff like that. It sure puts a damper on your future plans.

Some of us actually like this stuff.... others just make money from it.
Thank brother,
You are so correct in your statement I truly love racing and supporting our industry. I drop the block off Monday the machine shop is going to fix it. Once they are completed and I know the real deck height then I will purchase a new rotating assembly- cam- oil pan- timing chain- you know the drill brother.

Steve

·
FHRITP
49,947 Posts
Thank brother,
You are so correct in your statement I truly love racing and supporting our industry. I drop the block off Monday the machine shop is going to fix it. Once they are completed and I know the real deck height then I will purchase a new rotating assembly- cam- oil pan- timing chain- you know the drill brother.

Steve
you gunna get a rotating assembly from Mark since his parts are bullet proof?

·
Idiot Savant
163,813 Posts
you gunna get a rotating assembly from Mark since his parts are bullet proof?
You're so full of shit, it runs out your ears.

But, if you want to step up. The last rotator I did for a big boost SB Chevy was $9,300.00. Balanced, no block, no assembly.

You playin'. playa? (Sorry...no Honda parts)

141 - 160 of 241 Posts