Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purpose built 427 SB2.2 with procharger F1C. Big stuff 3 ECM. Looking for fuel pump recommendation for street/strip car on E85. No idea what kind of power this will make. Any ideas? Any help appreciated. Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
788 Posts
It’s gonna make a pile of power. Lots of options.
The big Magnafuel electric maybe ?
New aeromotive brushless. Big one.
Belt drive. (Could run a surge tank to feed it, with a small electric to feed it)
Cable drive is end all be all.

·
MFI on CH3OH
13,847 Posts
You will need to pay close attention to the siamese exh ports and the cooling of that area, its the weak link on those heads with any type of boost.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have read some things about the center exhaust ports being issues. I'm not looking to set any records. Just a nice fast street car. keep boost below 15 lbs. Looking at the aeromotive brushless 3.5 but I see they are only good for about 1200hp on boosted e85. I don't know what to expect this thing to make so kinda looking for suggestions or real world numbers if anyone has ran a similar combo...
Thanks for the replies!!

·
Registered
252 Posts
Cable drive and don’t look back, why bother with anything else. FYI I ran a turbo sb2.2 setup, don’t feed the center cyls with water, let the steam escape to tank, fixed all our probs.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Nova50272! Would love to chat with you more about that steam tank! Did you just run lines from the tapped holes below the ports to a tank of some sort?

·
Registered
252 Posts
I had -6 feed straight from each side of the pump to the top of the heads between the center cyls and an -8 out the side to an expansion tank. The tank just fed back into radiator.
We fed into the sides forever but once we started making good power (1800-ish) the heads were going soft in the center, would cut copper shims and stack them on the head gasket to go rounds. Pulling these heads are a nightmare, I hated it. Finally figured out the steam wasn’t letting the water get in there from the sides, so we let it do what it wanted to do and vent. never had a gasket issue again. This was also on a conventional block so we had to plug most of the sb2 improvised deck cooling passages, may not have this issue if you use a sb2 block, hard to say.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts