Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In a stock block, who is running them with success? I ran two of them, but both ended up with dropped valves from now looking back what might have been insufficient valve spring...Being that I have a factory roller block though, I always wonder if I could get more performance out of them then my solid flat tappet setup...Again though, not so confident from the last go round that they can take rpm.

Anybody here running hydraulic roller sb mopars with success? What kind of parts package are you using? what about cam specs and rpm range they are living at?

·
Reality Rules
2,951 Posts
In a stock block, who is running them with success? I ran two of them, but both ended up with dropped valves from now looking back what might have been insufficient valve spring...Being that I have a factory roller block though, I always wonder if I could get more performance out of them then my solid flat tappet setup...Again though, not so confident from the last go round that they can take rpm.

Anybody here running hydraulic roller sb mopars with success? What kind of parts package are you using? what about cam specs and rpm range they are living at?
Were you using locks with more than one groove? I wouldn't think so but some guys use them. You can get away with them (multiple groove locks) on a fairly mild (like a 280 MP) cam, but the FT and HR beats them to death. The also allow the spring to rotate.

I assume you know all this but some may not.

BTW what valves were they?

·
Back to the front!
5,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Were you using locks with more than one groove? I wouldn't think so but some guys use them. You can get away with them (multiple groove locks) on a fairly mild (like a 280 MP) cam, but the FT and HR beats them to death. The also allow the spring to rotate.

I assume you know all this but some may not.

BTW what valves were they?
Honestly, I can't even remember what the locks look like...I have them packed away high on a shelf in the garage right now...They were locks for a comp beehive spring, 7 degree is all I remember.

valves were Ferrea stainless 2.02/1.60

1 - 3 of 3 Posts