Yellow Bullet Forums banner

41 - 43 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
I used 2.02 in my vortecs only because that's what I had and I bought the heads bare new from GM. It was like night and day difference from the 882 castings. I'd love to see what they would do on a small cube 327 or even 302. Great heads for a 350 and would be perfect for a daily or a pickup. They dont like alot of duration or large lifts but if using a cam like that you are past the vortecs range anyways. Build great torque and super efficient chamber. Mine are stock ports so not sure what if anything is gained by porting. Just my humble opinion
I just did a little bowl work, chamber unshrowding and a good valve job and the Vortec's flow like crazy. They don't need much to work well.

·
Registered
4,229 Posts
Yeah they were one of the best upgrades I made at the time. The car even sounded different. Do you by chance remember where you settled down with on timing? They are great heads and like I said I'd love to see what they would do on a small cube engine like a 327 or even 302. Just a heads up to anyone planning to use them, you will need to have the guide boss machined down to use a cam .480 or bigger. Also I put guideplates on mine and i didnt have to use the expensive self aligning rockers that are required without guideplates.

·
Registered
1,834 Posts
Yeah they were one of the best upgrades I made at the time. The car even sounded different. Do you by chance remember where you settled down with on timing? They are great heads and like I said I'd love to see what they would do on a small cube engine like a 327 or even 302. Just a heads up to anyone planning to use them, you will need to have the guide boss machined down to use a cam .480 or bigger. Also I put guideplates on mine and i didnt have to use the expensive self aligning rockers that are required without guideplates.
I ran the timing anywhere from 32° to 40° and around 34° worked the best in my car.

41 - 43 of 43 Posts