Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just had to take one of our kittens, Sammy, to the vet after she had a bad allergic reaction to the flea & tick medicine i gave her. The vet is keeping her overnight to watch her. The other 3 are just fine, so im guessing shes just sensitive to it. But i feel terrible as im the one that gave it to her. I know this may sound stupid that i am this upset over a cat but they are the closest thing i am prob ever gonna have to a kid and shes only 3 months old. i am not a happy camper right now :( :( :( :( :(

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Kelly, I feel for you as I have 2 cats. I do like animals ALOT better than 99.7% of humans. I would help out a dog or cat long before I got off my ass for a human. 8)

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
NPS Nova said:
Kelly, I feel for you as I have 2 cats. I do like animals ALOT better than 99.7% of humans. I would help out a dog or cat long before I got off my ass for a human. 8)

Same here! i feel terrible, as all the way to the vet im tellin her "we wont be long, we'll be home soon" and BAM shes gotta stay. I bet she is all confused (or maybe happy to get away from her sister & brothers for a day hehe)

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
Kelly, it would take hours to tell you how I feel about the "kids". My wife Jennifer has a 11 year old girl, and they BOTH call the cats my "sons". Big guy is almost 9 years old, and little guy is just over a year. And when these outdoor cats get into trouble ( ie. they like fighting with raccoons ), and we go to the vets, they know what's happening, don't like it much, but they know. Now when they got "FIXED" man they were pissed off, fine now, but just mad when they got home from there little overnight vaction. 8)

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Kelly, I am so with you babe! I have 4 cats, 2 femals are 12yrs, 1 male is 10yrs and we just saved one that had somehow fallen into a hollow limb of our tree, he was 4 wks old at the time, he is now 10 wks and I worry about him constantly especially seeing he is terrorizing the older ones and they are not happy!

Just know that she is in safe hands at the vet and that you did everything you could to keep her safe! She will be fine and back with her siblings carrying on before you know it!

Make sure you keep us up to date!

·
Registered
19,925 Posts
i hope your kittys ok-their so trusting of us, and i know your upset, but their pretty sturdy-i found a baby kitty in the woods, it was nothing but skin & bones, took it to the vets, he gave it an iv, said it prob. wouldnt live till morn-that was 9 years ago

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone for all the encouragement, it is helping :). I was tryin to find a recent pic of her but i think they are on the other computer which isnt hooked up, ugh.

we just had the mommy fixed and she was moping around for a few days but now shes all spastic again hehe. i had one cat for 19 years. that one WAS my son. i didnt stop cryin for a good week when he passed away.

animals are amazing in what they can do for you. thats why im fighting so hard to keep them right now (my apt are being total dicks about it) i just had to pay 400$ in back pet deposits and have to pay an extra 100$ a month to keep them all here. its been a tough last few weeks as we thought we were gonna get kicked out, so we went & tried to find a house cuz we're sick of renting....just alot goin on & i think with this happening its all catchin up to me. i cant imagine what the vet bill is gonna be with her stayin overnight but its worth it if she is gonna be ok. needless to say i wont be making the race this weekend :(

Shannon - sounds like ya got your hands full over there too hehe. i'll definitely keep ya posted :)

·
Administrator
136,626 Posts
Kelly your pussy is gonna be just fine.. Bring it over tomorrow and I will play with it for a while.. :shock: Sorry I couldn't resist... Hope everything is fine with her....

·
Registered
3,139 Posts
I can relate, me and my wife have no children but we do have a 115lb rottweiler. I know how it is to be taken them to the vet and worried about how things are going.....

I'll say a prayer that everything works out well for you.....

Keith

·
First Ten Original Member
1,426 Posts
Karen and I found our cat beside the Florist garage down the street. Left him there for 8 hrs thinking that the mother would come back and get him. But no way he was abandonded for sure.
When we got him he had no hair, his eyes were closed and the vet said he'd put him down because it's too small to save, he said maybe a couple of hours old!
We kept him in a shoe box and took him to work with us and fed him with an eye dropper and had to rub his belly to get him to go potty. Not knowing if it was a boy or girl we call it " little orfan Anne".
The first true vet visit was at 6 weeks old and the vet told us it was a boy, now how can that be with no nuggets? Well what ever so we had to find a name that was close to "anne" so Karen and I called him "Andy"
Second vet visit was at 1-1/2 years old and he weight in at 22 pounds. The vet said to back off of the food and we said he only gets about 1-1/2 cups of food a day.
At 2 years old he weight in at 29 pounds! And has an attitude to go with it .....
But we love him none the less!

So good luck with your kitty and I hope all goes well.

[/img]

·
Registered
63 Posts
ill say a little prayer for your kitty as well. I know the love we feel for them when they are our children. I have 2 cats (indoors) , 8 iguanas, 1 skink, and 2 outdoor strays and i love them all. I know what its like when one is sick and scared.

·
Registered
3,139 Posts

Here is our baby,,,,,

·
Registered
5,045 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Argh i am about to snap out! They tell me yesterday to call in the am so i can come pick her up. So i call & the lady says the Dr hasnt seen her yet so she will call me back. Well its been over 6 hours so i call again. The lady tells me the Dr had been in in the morning but did not release Sammy, even though they keep tellin me she looks fine. So now i have to wait, again. I have to leave here in bout an hour to shoot some motorcross race at the fair in town. WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF :evil: :cry:

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
They have the meter running(cha ching)......When my Scottie was in the doggie hospitol and they couldn't find out what was wrong.....my wife says to the Dr.'s ....there's a time when you have to say when (needle).........He got better the next day :shock:

1 - 20 of 42 Posts