Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
21,609 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When did Caterpillar start making road trucks?

·
Registered
1,770 Posts
its an International built frame with an international cab, cat motor and a cat style only hood. interior is different than that of the Internationals. Cat and International have an agreement with building trucks and sharing emission technology for EPA compliant engine building but im wondering how long this relationship will last as it has not been a smooth road for either of them.

·
Registered
127 Posts
They have been on the road here in Canada since last year. Nice looking trucks makes me want to go back shifting gears......

·
Jarrad S
3,188 Posts
its an International built frame with an international cab, cat motor and a cat style only hood. interior is different than that of the Internationals. Cat and International have an agreement with building trucks and sharing emission technology for EPA compliant engine building but im wondering how long this relationship will last as it has not been a smooth road for either of them.
The 'Caterpillar' engines are actually yellow painted maxxforce engines

·
El Diablo Blanco
6,780 Posts
They can keep those Maxxforce engines.

·
Just Sayin Crew V.P.
37,825 Posts

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
Dual EGR motors by IHC. They already quit making these junk motors. IHC is in financial trouble because of the route they took with these engines vs. using urea.

·
Registered
949 Posts
IHC has been in financial trouble for as long as I can remember. I used to dabble in their stock because of the wild swings. LOL was Russian Roulette.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
we have 5 dumps. not to bad of a truck. we had them for about a year and a half. no problems yet. only 50,000 miles though. aluminum beds. they haul rock or asphalt.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts