Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
382 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I saw 5 white tail hawks on a chain link fence today near the house. Got the family so they all could see it. I was about 6 feet away from one. Really neat animals. It seems that they had killed a bunny and they were taking turns ripping it apart. Ahh family time!

·
workin it
7,778 Posts
:p family time indeed:smt082...the family that shreds together...:)

·
Registered
6,624 Posts
hey that was my pet

·
Registered
3,465 Posts
a couple of years ago i rescued a red tail hawk, here in surprise, hit a fence and got all tangled up... it survived, and was turned over to a shelter...

·
Registered
20,160 Posts
i have the redtail ones around me, they used to just show up around winter, now they have moved in year round-i guess lots of good eating
i think the mouse population has been reduced-they will fly down to the bird feeders, snatch up birds-wish they get come squirrels to
my wife gets leftover meat from the store, puts it under wire up on a fence post, then the hawks come down and get it-they sure scream a lot thought

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
One of my favorite

·
Registered
22,179 Posts
He, He!!

I threw a couple of stripped ham hocks out the back door a couple of days ago from a pot of butterbeans!

Anyway, it snowed like 5" or so and yesterday morning a pair of Crows found them.

What a noise they make feeding not 4' from our back door.

I was real quiet so as not to run them off, they were a hoot until they left.

Hawks, they are still around here, but I figure that shortly they will head for MO's bootheal and the big river.

pdq67

1 - 11 of 11 Posts