Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i picked one up last week on a whim, and just thought i'd buy me something to plink around with, as well as take care of hogs in close range situations... i honestly dont know much about this gun but i'd like to know what anyone who's had experience with them feels about the gun and caliber. here's the specs on it:

synthetic stock, stainless steel, heavy barreled, and is topped with a bushnell 3-9x32 scope. i know it was a savage "package" from the factory, but i bought this one second hand for a good price, with very little use. it does NOT have the accu-trigger, and i already dont like the trigger feel on it, but that can be changed with an accu-trigger or timney trigger swap, i'm sure.

anyone have experience with this gun?

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
I have the 93, but in regular steel, not SS. I had hell getting it to hold a pattern, but found out it was the scope rings. Now it will keep them inside a nickel at 50 yards. The non-accu triggers can be adjusted by the way.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
It was a cheap set of rings I had laying around. I put them on and a good leupold scope. I tried 3 different brands of ammo and could not get it to shoot a consistant group (there would always be a flier in a group), so I started checking everything. I eventually just bought a good set of rings and swapped them out and the rifle is now dead on. I can put 3-5 in a tight group with no fliers.

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i'll see how this thing shoots as-is right now, then play with the trigger (thanks for the tip, i didnt know they could be adjusted.. my gunsmith swapped to a timney straight out on my savage 110 in 7mm rem mag, so i thought that was the only options)

i really didnt NEED this gun, but the price was right and i had a little bit of money burning a hole in my pocket, so what the hell :) another added to the collection. although i gotta say, this is my first stainless gun, and only my second synthetic stock gun (the other is a knight muzzleloader) so its taking a bit to get used to it's looks.

·
Bovine Scatologist
17,834 Posts
If you take the action off you will see an allen head set screw (maybe two) - adjust those. It may not be as light and crisp as you may like, but it is worth a try.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts