4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 can chicken broth
1 can cream of celery soup
1 can cream of chicken soup
16 oz. Velvetta cheese
1 cup water
1 large onion (fist sized) chopped
4 cups red diced potatoes (w/peels opt.)
1 lb. Jimmy Dean sausage
Salt and pepper to taste

Crumble and brown sausage. Drain. Combine can of broth, water, onions, potatoes and sausage. Simmer for 30 mins. Add milk, cheese and soups. Simmer until soups are dissolved and cheese is melted.

Bill's gal Susan

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
i made this last night to take into work today for lunch, it was damn good and real easy to make.
i guessed that you were supposed to add a cup of milk also ? it seemed to be about right.

·
Registered
22,167 Posts
It's on the stove now.

I hope I don't cook it to death because I screwed up and added everything together after browing the sausage. And I have to say, there wasn't enough drippings in it to worry about draining it off.

I bought JD's old country type and boy did it look good raw! Good meat by me..

pdq67

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Made it last night for dinner. I used Purnell's Spicy-Medium sausage (it is what I had in the freezer) and it turned excellent. Looking forward to lunch today! Nice call on this one Susan!

·
Registered
5,124 Posts
I just made this and it is awesome. Great bread bowl soup. The only downfall is it's a food coma causer.

Nap time...
I thought I was developing a case of narcolepsy. Or Asma, As mu but hit the EZ chair my eyes closed.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Made this yesterday its the best soup we have had even the wife likes it and she is a very picky eater. But there is one thing wrong with it....I CAN'T STOP EATING IT.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
Last week, I made this in a crockpot & doubled the recipe. The weather has been pretty chilly here (for SoCal!) & EVERYBODY loved it! My mother in law is middle 70s & ate TWO bowls! GREAT recipe!!! Ray.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
not sure if my wife liked it or not,
after her 3rd bowl, she asked if I wanted a blow job!
of course being the gentleman I am, I told her not on a full stomach.;)

Yes very good!

1 - 20 of 347 Posts