Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,339 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am sure it has been beat to death already..but I didn't find what I wanted using the search button.

so here goes..

what is the most durable satin paint to use?? single or 2 stage? I wash my car before it goes out...everytime...OCD I guess. I am wanting to go to satin black and was looking for some help!! I know that "rubbing" too hard on the 2 stage will buff a shine into the clear and I will end up with spots that shine.......

So, let's hear it please......again, I am sure it has been answered many many times, but my dumb ass didnt find any luck searching for it.

Thanks!!

·
Registered
934 Posts
x3, with single stage...just about ANYTHING will alter the color/shine, even hard waterspots. Flattened clear is more forgiving, however after a year or so of regular use, a whole vehicle is bound to start showing some flaws here & there since scuffing/marring show up much easier than on regular shiney paint, especially Black. A scuff from jeans or something rubbing against shiney paint just leaves a dull chatter spot, however on flattened paint the dull is REALLY dull & you can't do anything to "bring it back". To me, if your working on/driving the vehicle much...just plan on re-doing it in a couple years. Good Luck, Lorne

1 - 4 of 4 Posts