Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know who make the darkest (blackest) of all the satins???

We sprayed a panel with Hot Rod Flatz "Twilight Black Metallic" and is was far from black........more like gun-metal gray. Not bad looking, just not "black" enough.......

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,399 Posts
PPG Hot Rod Black, Single Stage

·
Registered
676 Posts
Does anyone know who make the darkest (blackest) of all the satins???

We sprayed a panel with Hot Rod Flatz "Twilight Black Metallic" and is was far from black........more like gun-metal gray. Not bad looking, just not "black" enough.......

Thanks.

Can you please post a pic of it as I was actually after one that was a bit more towards a gun metal.

·
Registered
26,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can you please post a pic of it as I was actually after one that was a bit more towards a gun metal.
I don't have the panel. By now, its probably a different color.......sorry about that.

It was definitly more gun metal than black, with very fine sparkle. Nothing wrong with it, but I'm looking to do a very black satin.

·
Registered
56 Posts
You can also use the PPG mixing black right out of the can (reducer of course) then put a flattening agent in the clear. This will give the black UV protection and will allow you to get a more consistant pattern.

·
Registered
26,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You can also use the PPG mixing black right out of the can (reducer of course) then put a flattening agent in the clear. This will give the black UV protection and will allow you to get a more consistant pattern.
After talking with my body guy, that is the way we're leaning.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Yeah, satin black can be a bitch either way, but keeping it from "tiger striping" can be tough. The base/clear will keep it from getting chalky.

·
Registered
735 Posts
Just got mine done today,tried flatting in the clear coat and it tiger striped, re did it all again and it still was not right. Body guy went to single stage and it come out 100 times better, will hae to wait and see in the morning how it sets up,for now looks great.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts