1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
A.K.A. MEAN Matt
3,581 Posts
There is another thread on this.....in this section. It was Epic. LOL :D

·
Race Car Poor
8,359 Posts
If your car is consistant enough you shouldnt have to sandbag, you should know its going to run the number you dial in

·
A.K.A. MEAN Matt
3,581 Posts
If your car is consistant enough you shouldnt have to sandbag, you should know its going to run the number you dial in
Wrong.

It's not about "HAVING" to sandbag, it's about making an effort to win rounds that you may not have won. It's about driving BOTH ends of the track. A driver may have a car that prints times slips like a xerox machine but chooses to hold and sandbag to give you more room or time to judge the stripe. Again it's a stratagey thing.

·
Registered
442 Posts
why would i dial my car honest and something happen where i can get there? atleast 2 or 3 numbers is safe..... i have friends that hold 8 to 10......

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Yep thats pretty much everyone's plan until you suddenly realize the car is off a couple. Then the guy in the other lane holding a couple has you by the nuts.

If we could all run dead on every pass, we would quit our day jobs and go bracket racing....

Last week for instance, footbraking I had run a 9.42 the round before. Put a 9.40 on it as I thought it would pick up a couple.

Guy in the other lane goes .010 on the tree and dead on with a 4 and bumped the brake on me. Was holding .01

I go .018 and cant touch a .40...Run a .422 flat out and that's plenty enough room for him to get in good since he has been racing for years and knows how to race the stripe.

Would have had a much better chance of winning if I had dialed what I ran the round before or better yet, been holding a couple and dialed a 44 and dumped him off at the other end.

·
Registered
442 Posts
Yep thats pretty much everyone's plan until you suddenly realize the car is off a couple. Then the guy in the other lane holding a couple has you by the nuts.

If we could all run dead on every pass, we would quit our day jobs and go bracket racing....

Last week for instance, footbraking I had run a 9.42 the round before. Put a 9.40 on it as I thought it would pick up a couple.

Guy in the other lane goes .010 on the tree and dead on with a 4 and bumped the brake on me. Was holding .01

I go .018 and cant touch a .40...Run a .422 flat out and that's plenty enough room for him to get in good since he has been racing for years and knows how to race the stripe.

Would have had a much better chance of winning if I had dialed what I ran the round before or better yet, been holding a couple and dialed a 44 and dumped him off at the other end.
perfect example

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
so your saying then that you run your car as hard as it will go every single round ? and hows that working for you ?

I have heard it called Fender Racing, Bumper Racing, Ticket Racing, and Bracket Racing but no matter what you want to call it in a lot of places and whole states in fact if you wanna Race on Sunday instead of sit at home in your car in the shop making Vroom-Vroom noises you better be able to do it and do it well or your gonna wind up donating your money to the jack pot instead of driving home with a nice fat check in your Pocket......

I wish somebody would take the time to go through all the Bracket Races advertised in this country and see how many of them have an average payout of a $1000.00 some up to $10,000.00 or more and then all the other races where they DON'T Bracket Race and then total up what has the most Races......

Don't hate me cause I know how to drive the stripe on both ends of the track and I Know what my car will do in just about every situation you can even Imagine and because I study the other people I drive against and study what they and their cars do or don't do and then use that Information to take your Money at the end of the day.
If you hate it so much you must not be able to do it and have lost a lot of money trying or something and if it bothers you guys so much then by all means don't enter your cars. You don't hear us crying and Bitchin about what you guys do. I just Don't see what the Big Deal is....sheesh take a pill or sumthin will ya ?

·
A.K.A. MEAN Matt
3,581 Posts
^^^

The tracks I go to pay over $1000 to win for every bracket series points race. :D

1 - 20 of 22 Posts