Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
102 Posts
I had pretty much that same set up almost to the T with the exception of the Diamond pistons and I had a 1.80 straight cut.. At 2600 race weight and a 36 jet in the fogger I went 5.09 @ 138mph... That little motor will make pretty good power.. Good Luck!

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had pretty much that same set up almost to the T with the exception of the Diamond pistons and I had a 1.80 straight cut.. At 2600 race weight and a 36 jet in the fogger I went 5.09 @ 138mph... That little motor will make pretty good power.. Good Luck!

That's my plan, will be using water injection to help and start low and learn some first before putting Steve 120 jet to work.

·
Registered
2,987 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
^^^ QFT ^^^

I've seen more than one person spin themselves out tuning with that stuff.
Rodney at AIS kind of guiding me on the water injection. He says allot of people try to bring it on too early in the run and later in the run when there is some heat in the cylinder is when its really needed. So set it on like a timer to come on half track is what he suggest and not get carried away with nozzle size and trying to make power instead cool the top of the piston and get some heat out the cylinder to aid in tuning rather than making every last horsepower. But I appreciate the feedback. You guys got info on why not needed? But im no expert and will take any good free advice I can get. Plus I have Sam Vincent and Duane Busch helping.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
X2! That sucker should handle a metric shit ton of spray.

I love your thinking, that's the plan. Eventually Sam will re grind the cam and will lean on it once I GET SOME KNOW HOW. lol

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Your down in Miss correct. I think your on our Gulf Coast Racing Page.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

1 - 20 of 41 Posts