Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know on the old dominators with all the linkage under the main body, safety plates were mandatory. I have an HP dominator from Dale Cubic and the majority of the linkage is outside. However there are 2 allen head set screws I see in the bottom. Is anyone else running safety plates on these carbs? The reason I ask is I had a 4 hole tapered spacer before, and now am running an open. The spacer served the purpose before.

·
Registered
1,463 Posts
I use one on both my dominators but was reading another post http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=541388 where he has a pro systems carb and was asking about the air bleeds on his carb where normal HP's do not have them and he was running a nice carb spacer and I guess the air bleeds were being blocked off by the carb spacer and figured that a safety plate would block them off as well and was going to pull it off tonite to see if it was in fact blocking my carbs idle air bleeds.. Hope what I just said mde sence... I think that your fine though with the regular Holley HP series dominator..

·
Registered
6,621 Posts
Unless the carb has external linkage like BLP or Quickfuel sells it has linkage underneath. That includes all except the newer Ultra HP Dominators. A safety plate is not a bad idea.

·
draggin' ass
13,415 Posts
Does a spacer that covers this area like a Wilson tapered count or do I need a actual "safety plate"?

·
Butch
8,208 Posts
I know on the old dominators with all the linkage under the main body, safety plates were mandatory. I have an HP dominator from Dale Cubic and the majority of the linkage is outside. However there are 2 allen head set screws I see in the bottom. Is anyone else running safety plates on these carbs? The reason I ask is I had a 4 hole tapered spacer before, and now am running an open. The spacer served the purpose before.
Ray you can use just a 4 hole gasket if you want, and that will stop the linkage from falling in the engine, or you can run a safety plate. If you do run any safety plate I myself like to use a phenolic plate because it keeps heat from the carburetor and isolates some vibration, see pic below (Ignore the 4150 to 4500 Spacer)

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I would run the safety plate, it won't hurt a thing but if dale has external linkage, what are the 2 set screws for???

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys, I will put the plate on. I wanted to, just didn't know if I was overthinking it.

·
TD 3550
2,945 Posts
Jegs have the 4500 throttle conversion kit on sale 1.5 months ago for $108.00. Just would have to buy the blades. I should of bought a couple more for that price.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts