Yellow Bullet Forums banner

21 - 40 of 54 Posts

·
Banned
322 Posts
Sue lee can sew shoes together for Colin Kaepernick, piece of shit, for me its USA! America- home of the free, land of the brave! No other country has ever made horse power like the good old USA. 11,000 HP Top Fuelers, and Funny cars to 1,000 + Hp naturally aspirated big blocks to 10,000 rpm small blocks screaming freedom.
Guess I am buying a Simpson helmet. I am shocked as to how many helmets are made in China. Even bell has head quarters in Bahrain, and the US made helmets are made from products produced in China. WTF?
Coach, I appreciate your patriotism . It does require investigation on the part of the consumer to find anything made in the USA anymore but there are still a number of companies that are patriots like you, me and half the registered voters in the country. Simpson does have products made in china but their higher end products are made in the usa like their Diamondback helmet.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Coach, I appreciate your patriotism . It does require investigation on the part of the consumer to find anything made in the USA anymore but there are still a number of companies that are patriots like you, me and half the registered voters in the country. Simpson does have products made in china but their higher end products are made in the usa like their Diamondback helmet.
Thanks again for the information. I guess its just freaking depressing that so much of the stuff that is available is not made in the good old US of A.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
RJS is US made, as is White Safety and Stroud.

I'm not an Impact fan, simply because a lot of people got put in a bad position when they got busted making their own phony SFI tags. - I believe they made right on that, but was still a shady deal and people got stuck having equipment that wasn't legal and races coming up.

Parachutes aren't required to be recert'd. Standard hook & latch belts are typically as much money to reweb/recert as they are to buy new.

I've got RJS belts and -20 boots, just ordered a Sparco -15 jacket. Current pants, jacket, and gloves are -5 G-Force but all getting upgraded. - Just got a Necksgen head/helmet restraint and definitely like it over the regular Hans and others I've tried that either strap down your back and/or have supports that come way down your chest. With the Necksgen, soon as my belts are off I can move even if I don't unlatch it from my helmet.
Good stuff, thanks.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
I have a good friend who works at Summit here in Reno, and he told me that the trade war with china has hurt their bottom line pretty bad. I was super surprised by that information, thinking that most car stuff was still made in America.

·
Registered
250 Posts
Tommy Johnson Warehouse, what ever flavor of the month, always cam locks and always 2" shoulders for Simpson hybrid. Least expensive around I have found. Dam, they never get worn as it is.

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
I have most of my stuff from Stroud Safety in Oklahoma city. Good quality stuff IMO plus they will resert all of their products.

·
Registered
4,122 Posts
I just had to have a 14.1 blower restraint recertified. It was a 15 year old Deist unit.. Called and talked to Ben W. (Diest and DJ are same company.) Very knowledgeable and fair price. That was a week ago. He emailed me today and it is coming back.I just talked to him again on 2 parachutes and set of harness belts that are so old the manufactuers don't want to mess with them. Ben gave me an estimate to make new ones if I send him the old ones. Better price than the other guys. Think i am going to do it. Might give Ben W a call at 818 240 7866.

·
Registered
15,211 Posts
I have a good friend who works at Summit here in Reno, and he told me that the trade war with china has hurt their bottom line pretty bad. I was super surprised by that information, thinking that most car stuff was still made in America.
why would you think the "car stuff" (as you called it) industry was not effected by China as hard as any other American industry ? LMFAO, Your friend at Summit had to tell you China is hurting the " car stuff" industry. Get the fuck out from under that rock every now and than.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
I d
why would you think the "car stuff" (as you called it) industry was not effected by China as hard as any other American industry ? LMFAO, Your friend at Summit had to tell you China is hurting the " car stuff" industry. Get the fuck out from under that rock every now and than.
I don't buy Chinese shit, so yes i was surprised that so many people do.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Cause you're a moron, ask people's opinions then follow the masses of stupid gas and stupid comp.

Got it cupcakes...
Knowledge is power and the more you have the better. Last time I checked Super Gas is pretty fucking important. Ever heard of the Mickey Thompson Million? Well, there is a shit load of Super Gas and Super comp guys there racing in the biggest bracket race anywhere.

·
Registered
15,211 Posts
[QUOTE="Coach P, post: 71955539, membe

I don't buy Chinese shit, so yes i was surprised that so many people do.
[/QUOTE]
It is 100% impossible not to buy "Chinese shit" unless you live in a teepee and have NOTHING purchased from a store . If you truly believe you have nothing in your home that came from China you need to wake up.

·
Registered
380 Posts
RJS,.....
American made and IMO,... is the best bang-for-your-buck you can get.

I started using their stuff a couple of years ago,...and I'm quite satisfied.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
9,069 Posts
Knowledge is power and the more you have the better. Last time I checked Super Gas is pretty fucking important. Ever heard of the Mickey Thompson Million? Well, there is a shit load of Super Gas and Super comp guys there racing in the biggest bracket race anywhere.
LOL....
Maybe you should look at the Grand stands when Stupid comp/Gas in running....
It's gay and not that important anymore....
Comp eliminator....
Look at the tires they run.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #39
RJS,.....
American made and IMO,... is the best bang-for-your-buck you can get.

I started using their stuff a couple of years ago,...and I'm quite satisfied.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
I checked out the RJS stuff. I think I'll buy one of their helmets. Thanks for the infor.

·
Vendor
6,428 Posts
I checked out the RJS stuff. I think I'll buy one of their helmets. Thanks for the infor.
Coach, before you buy take a look at my site and my list of brands. I have access to a lot more than is listed on here. I deal with RJS, Pro1 Safety and others that have American made goods. The soft goods like gloves and shoes are probably 99.9% made overseas sadly. I have slowly added brands onto this since July and it takes a while. These are Minimum Advertised Prices. Hit me up for the YB discounts on safety gear. Please go through my site though for contact info since I don't get notifications here pushed to me.

21 - 40 of 54 Posts