Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I searched and came up empty.
Wondering how safety items are regulated when racing 1/8 mile.
I mainly thinking about a cage, but also wondering about a parachute and other safety items.
Yes I understand safety is important but if I didn't have to have a 25.5 or 25.3 cage racing in x275 might be a little more feasible.

·
Registered
18,104 Posts
You say feasible and I say " What is your life worth ? " Cant remember the guys name , David was his first name , ran in ORSCA . He hit the wall at about 150 , a sign pole and some other shit along the way . Broke his back and some other injuries . I will bet he was glad to pay a little extra to live . It does amaze me that a guy has no problem dropping $20k + in a motor but wants to get cheap when it comes to saving their lifes , just unfuckinbelievable !

·
Registered
418 Posts
You say feasible and I say " What is your life worth ? " Cant remember the guys name , David was his first name , ran in ORSCA . He hit the wall at about 150 , a sign pole and some other shit along the way . Broke his back and some other injuries . I will bet he was glad to pay a little extra to live . It does amaze me that a guy has no problem dropping $20k + in a motor but wants to get cheap when it comes to saving their lifes , just unfuckinbelievable !

I can see 20K on a power plant or drive train. But pay 20K willingly for the Paint job and then complain about the $750 now mandatory Hans device has me baffled.

·
The Ricer
1,534 Posts
We all know the importance of safety. Question is, what is NHRA/IHRA rules for 1/8 mile as far as chassis is concerned. I can't find that info anywhere either.

·
Registered
1,419 Posts
We all know the importance of safety. Question is, what is NHRA/IHRA rules for 1/8 mile as far as chassis is concerned. I can't find that info anywhere either.
It is my understanding anything from 6.39-4.49 1/8th only requires a sportsman cert. Those quicker than 4.49 require an SFI spec chassis. <--NHRA

·
Registered
98 Posts
i was at phoenix city that night david ran off the track and flipped and took out the guide wire and killed all power to the strip . that was a ugly fast wreck / definately saved by the cage !!!

·
Registered
1,189 Posts
if your looking to run at the top of the pack in 275 a 25.5 should be minimum. most are going 140+ in the 1/8 and god forbid anything was to happen, you would pay anything for a good cage.

as for your question i don't think nhra has specs for 1/8 mile, most tracks have thier own rules as to what you need.

get an sfi book and do the cage yourself or have a welder buddy help you. the 25.5 spec isn't as complicated as it seems.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
all i could find was , and again I'm not 100 % sure is 25.5 min. i think 8.50 for X is not enough , but thats just me
as mentioned about , it's your life , really think about it

1 - 15 of 15 Posts