Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Sad news to report: Early Motorcity Raceway co-sponsor, Billy Brosch, passed away early today (Wednesday 9/3) after battling Stage IV cancer. He and Dave Costa ran a combination speed parts/tire business called "Tire Associates/B&D Speed Shop" at the corner of South Clinton Avenue and the Inner Loop in Rochester. Billy moved his part of the business to Buffalo Road across from the gravel pit and after "giving it a go" on his own, it was difficult to stay in business with the popularity of mail-order shops (like Jeg's and Summit Racing Equipment). He then returned to his original employer Dicky Trovato at Auto Finishers on N. Clinton Avenue and continued to be speed/custom auto parts manager. He was a very friendly guy, loved cars and always had a smile on his face. He also had a long-time friendship with 2x NHRA SS Champion, Dan Fletcher, sponsoring the "Checkmate" Camaros. I am privileged to have know him and call him a friend! I'm gonna miss him...

·
Mother Hen
51,603 Posts
Sad news to report: Early Motorcity Raceway co-sponsor, Billy Brosch, passed away early today (Wednesday 9/3) after battling Stage IV cancer. He and Dave Costa ran a combination speed parts/tire business called "Tire Associates/B&D Speed Shop" at the corner of South Clinton Avenue and the Inner Loop in Rochester. Billy moved his part of the business to Buffalo Road across from the gravel pit and after "giving it a go" on his own, it was difficult to stay in business with the popularity of mail-order shops (like Jeg's and Summit Racing Equipment). He then returned to his original employer Dicky Trovato at Auto Finishers on N. Clinton Avenue and continued to be speed/custom auto parts manager. He was a very friendly guy, loved cars and always had a smile on his face. He also had a long-time friendship with 2x NHRA SS Champion, Dan Fletcher, sponsoring the "Checkmate" Camaros. I am privileged to have know him and call him a friend! I'm gonna miss him...
Sorry for the loss of your friend and to the racing community.

·
Registered
18,854 Posts
i did not know this man, but i know one or two like him, so in a way i know who he is and what made him tick. And what made him tick is the passion for racing. alot of us also have that same passion for racing, and its a loss to us as racers when they pass. RIP

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
i just saw him at autofinishers a couple months ago. Glad I had a chance to say 'hi'. He never mentioned his illness.
Condolences to his friends and loved ones.

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Picture restored! The way we should all remember Billy:

1 - 14 of 14 Posts