Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just looking around to start putting together a nice little streetcar.

Looking at the above turbo, TWINS, on a BBc A2W on gas. Around 509-540 inch.

What would be a good "average" power one can make with 2 of these turbos? How would they be for street driving? I was impressed by the 76 mm T4 street Nova thread:

http://www.yellowbullet.com/forum/showthread.php?t=590407

And was thinking what something a bit better on a streeter BBc would be like.

Thanks,

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I put a pair of these on Tracy's (Rebird) C5 corvette that has a 509 cubic inch BBC in it...

Horspower... 2800-3000 capable as twins.

One put 1290 to the ground on a 365 inch motor.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks John, I'm just wondering if these are too much? Maybe a S400SX-75 ETT might be better, rated at 1050 each?

Size/fitment could be an issue, but also want to spool fast with the stick on the street, looking for BIG tq for fun.

Going in car in my avatar that is big-tire, 4 link full framed.

·
Registered
5,455 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
John, might also be a 477 inch (4.500 bore X 3.75 stroke) motor. BUT will be conventional headed.

·
Registered
3,336 Posts
I put a pair of these on Tracy's (Rebird) C5 corvette that has a 509 cubic inch BBC in it...

Horspower... 2800-3000 capable as twins.

One put 1290 to the ground on a 365 inch motor.
With the older V2 wheel also.

·
Registered
524 Posts
Thanks John, I'm just wondering if these are too much? Maybe a S400SX-75 ETT might be better, rated at 1050 each?

Size/fitment could be an issue, but also want to spool fast with the stick on the street, looking for BIG tq for fun.

BBC with twins+stick=billion dollar clutch

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Give Bill at Bullseye Power a call or Alex at Steve Morris Engines. I have made 1012RWHP @ 12 PsI with a set of their Billet wheel 76's on a 509 BBC They can make you whatever you want. The Stainless V-band housings Really nice!

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
Run me through this math please. One of these did 1290. How did you get to 2800-3000hp? What TW? Got any data?
1290 to the tire. Use 15% driveline loss... 1483ish flywheel horsepower. 1483x2=2966.

The 2800-3000 was quoted as flywheel horsepower potential.... not rear wheel. And thats not even factoring in how much more efficient the turbo could be with each turbine seeimg 100 fewer cubes each with 2 on a 509-540 versus 1 on a 365.

Sorry if that was confusing.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
As far as the data on the 365 inch motor putting 1290 to the tire...

Its not mine to share. I can ask the cars owner if he would be willing to let me post it. Best answer i can give on that.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
One piece of data about the test car that i can share that i just remembered... it went [email protected] up to 144.12 @ 3200 pounds

·
Registered
2,165 Posts
Not for nothing, and meaning no slight toward anyone, but when I see a whole string of letters in a turbo model like that, I get a headache and have no idea what it is. Its almost as bad as reading a Borg Warner price/part list. Beyond that, when ever I see the letters HO, I don't think it is a acronym for high output, I think it is a acronym for Whore. Again, not trying to step on toes, just sharing thoughts.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
So a pair of these 80's in a T6-1.32 housing, with what I will assume a BW96 tw, will make close to the same as a pair of S500-88s at about 30# with bigger, better everything? Hmmm....
Theres pictures of the turbo all over. The blade area of this 80 is greater than some 88's on the market.

Its not rocket science.

Dont mince words or hint at shit. Got something to say say it. Dont go hmmmm.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts

Rick Prospero went [email protected] with a pair of the 75mm cast wheels on a 468 inch bbc in his 4200 pound nova.

Its all about what you want man. A pair of the out of the box 75's is enough to go 7's if the car is sub 3500 pounds.

Decide what power you want then the person you choose to buy the turbos from will match you up with the best pair for you.

·
Registered
9,666 Posts
I just find it interesting...hmmm. So we might start seeing these in twins configuration on some 2800+HP configurations soon. Cool
I only have them as twins on one car. Rebird's. I wanted a pair of the stainless turbine housings for the ones on his car but the Ala carte price on them was too high for him.

Its still in the construction phase. And dont twist my words. I said there was 2800 horsepower worth of POTENTIAL there. Enough compressor flow to support that kind of power.. I never said it WOULD make 2800.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts