Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Did a search but nothing come up to well. What size wheel combo are you running on the say 05-10 mustangs. Looking to buy a set of track wheels and what's the widest for the rear you can clear and not have them hanging out and such. Looked at a few pictures but as usual there is no info on size and back spacing.

·
Cactus salesman
4,057 Posts
On a 10 inch wide wheel you will need about 7.5 inches of backspacing, or +45mm offset. The fronts will depend on the brakes you have. You can run a typical 15 inch front wheel if you have strange brakes, but otherwise you need to look at 17s, OR the 15 inch Bogarts did have one with a spacer--but I didn't like those as it pushed the front wheels out quite a bit and didn't look right.

·
Read Only
0 Posts
Did a search but nothing come up to well. What size wheel combo are you running on the say 05-10 mustangs. Looking to buy a set of track wheels and what's the widest for the rear you can clear and not have them hanging out and such. Looked at a few pictures but as usual there is no info on size and back spacing.
With a little work 11.5 on the rear.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Want to keep it 17's in the front so that is no issue on spacing and size. Back i would like to do a 15 or 17. I know a 275 will clear on the back but what about like a 315 or so. I don't know about you guys but i just dont like a tire hanging out of the fender. If going with say a 10'' wide wheel and inner fender rubbing,or what have yall put on for the widest drag radial.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Want to keep it 17's in the front so that is no issue on spacing and size. Back i would like to do a 15 or 17. I know a 275 will clear on the back but what about like a 315 or so. I don't know about you guys but i just dont like a tire hanging out of the fender. If going with say a 10'' wide wheel and inner fender rubbing,or what have yall put on for the widest drag radial.
325's will hang out a little no matter what, you have to cut the bump stops off the wheel well/frame to make them clear on the inside. Not sure about 315's

This pic is with Bogarts and 325's

·
Registered
887 Posts
Stock Shelby wheels widened to 11" 325/ 40 /18 M&H drag radials, no trimming, cutting, rolling etc. move bump stop that's it.

·
Registered
5,136 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
skwerl im on there,but one guy says this will work and one says no it wont fit. Read a bunch of threads on there and kinda got a good ideal,but figured i would ask the bullet also.

Bump stops im not worried about moving them. Just didnt want to run into fender issues and such. I have the sway bar brackets also. Anybody run the racestar darkstar stuff on here.

·
Registered
14,630 Posts
True Forged Mach40 5- 325/40/18s rear M&H Dragmaster

Proper offset and backs pacing is key

·
Registered
13,634 Posts
Rear offset ranges:

9.0” rim 35-38mm offset
9.5” rim 41-44mm offset
10” rim 48-51mm offset
10.5” rim 55-58mm offset
11” rim 62-63mm offset

You can stuff a 12.3" wide tire under there without rubbing.

·
Registered
14,630 Posts
10" IIRC 42mm offset

1 - 13 of 13 Posts