Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. We’re having problems with my dads s10 hooking now. Since a bunch of changes and we can no put our finger on the problem. Hers a run down on the set up and I will post some links to YouTube. Videos. So y’all can see what it’s doing.
Truck is ladder bar set up. Was about 2950. With driver. Sbc 383 with nitrous. 176 glide. Neal chance converter 488 gears. 29.5/13.50/15 slicks and run 29.5 /10.5 ws Viking double adjustable warrior series. Front and rear. Had santuff springs on front. Had average of 1.30 60ft best of 1.27. The new set up is a all aluminum 421 ci 18* same converter. 1.69 glide. Went to coil overs on the front. Viking warriors. Double adjustable. Lighten the truck up about 250 pounds. A lot of weight off the nose and the front is about a inch lower. It is spinning off the line if it don’t blow them off. And it’s getting loose on top end has brand new slicks. We went to the track and had this problem decided that it needs. New slicks. They were a few years old. It looks like it’s separating instead of squatting. Thanks in advance
https://youtu.be/vkhTAEPByDk[/URL]

·
Registered
5,042 Posts
How much travel do the rear shocks have? Weight of rear springs? Shock settings? What springs in frt.? and how much frt. end travel?

·
Registered
535 Posts
First look at your video and it appears that the front is topping out really quick... then coming down quick. Once the front is down it appears to unload the slicks enough to cause tire spin.

Have you attempted to slow the front up?

As asked above... how much front end travel do you have? It doesn't appear to be much?

How much air in the slicks? Have you tested the shock settings from one extreme to the other to see if anything works better or worse?

Do you know where your instant center is at? How much anti-squat are you running?

Jeff

·
Registered
182 Posts
Those bolt in coilover conversions don't have enough travel to keep the tires planted on some cars.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Front springs are 300 and rears are 130. Front shocks are 3 on rebound and 15 on compression Rears are on rebound 12 compression 6. There’s only about 2 1/4 travel on the front. And 3.5 on the rear brand new slicks 29.5/13.5/15. On 14 inch wide wheels With 11.5 psi. Pinion angle is -3*. I do not know where the instant center is. And I don’t know what you mean by how much anti squat please explain. We started out with the travel limiters tied down. But we pulled them back out. We have not been able to go to the track again. Gonna try to slow the front end down. And thinking about buying some softer springs for the rear and trying it

·
FHRITP
48,840 Posts
Those bolt in coilover conversions don't have enough travel to keep the tires planted on some cars.
It looks like he’s got TRZ arms, unless the coil over is just too short I can’t see that being the issue you can easily get 6-8” travel with TRZ arms

·
Registered
535 Posts
Front springs are 300 and rears are 130. Front shocks are 3 on rebound and 15 on compression Rears are on rebound 12 compression 6. There’s only about 2 1/4 travel on the front. And 3.5 on the rear brand new slicks 29.5/13.5/15. On 14 inch wide wheels With 11.5 psi. Pinion angle is -3*. I do not know where the instant center is. And I don’t know what you mean by how much anti squat please explain. We started out with the travel limiters tied down. But we pulled them back out. We have not been able to go to the track again. Gonna try to slow the front end down. And thinking about buying some softer springs for the rear and trying it

A little reading on rear suspension tuning...

https://www.onallcylinders.com/2015/04/23/figure-four-a-guide-to-tuning-your-four-link-suspension-system/

https://www.baselinesuspensions.com/info/Launching_A_Drag_Car.htm

Can you check the angle of the lower bar on your ladder bar? Most of the guys I know running ladder bars like the lower bar angle at about 2-3° downward.

I'm not sure how much weight is on the rear of your truck, but I'd think going to 110# rear springs would help some. There isn't much weight on the back of these trucks.

Are you sure about only 2.25" front travel? Hard to believe running the TRZ lowers unless the shocks you have are too short overall?

Jeff

·
Registered
63,697 Posts
"....... unless the (front) shocks you have are too short overall?"

That's what I leaning towards too.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts