Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am finally able to start building a play truck to go racing. It is a 1987 s10. The problem I have is I think I ordered the wrong rims. I ordered 15x10 rims with a 5.5 back spacing. Without the tire they are only 1 1/4" from the leaf springs. I was planning on using a 28 x 10.5 tire. What I was wondering is could someone post some shots of a 275 drag radial tire on a ten inch rim and a 28x10.5 tire on a ten inch rim? I know alot of people ask for pics for the hell of it but I am trying not to waste more time and money buying the wrong parts. I am thinking that a 10 inch rim with a 275 wont have much sidewall bludge and it will fit without rubbing.

Thanks for any help you can give.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i ran a 255 on an 8" rim with 5" back spacing and it would rub the inner fender well of the bed. i had plenty of clearance to the spring.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Here is my second gen sonoma with a 325/50 on a 10" rim with 5.5"bs. they didnt touch going straight but would rub slightly going around corners. i have 275/60s on now and they never rub.

·
Registered
196 Posts
Yours may stick out a bit as the body on the second gen is wider but other than that im sure you will be fine. Hope this helped.

·
Registered
427 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the pics. I think i will go with a 275 drag radial. I don't plan on going fast for awhile but hate to spend money twice.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Yours may stick out a bit as the body on the second gen is wider but other than that im sure you will be fine. Hope this helped.
I agree. I think a 10 with 5.5 will stick out on a 1st gen. I have 8's with 5" back space on my 84 and another 1.5 out the front would definetly stick out.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts