Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

· Age of Acquiescence
34,828 Posts
I carry an M&P40c

Personally never been a fan of the Glock block ergonomics.
Great platform, undeniably reliable, but not for me.....I prefer the M&P

Technically, the M&P is the GenIII Smith & Wesson glock copy that has evolved.
Glocks........look the same as 35 years ago, but internals have gotten better.

However, I seriously would consider the XDm 5.25" 9mm that is newer.
If I had a choice, I'd take this as the #1 choice between those. Consider the Walther PPQ 5" M2 also.

· Age of Acquiescence
34,828 Posts
My bad......didn't catch that.

www.gunwatcher.com is a search engine many use for current deals.

· Registered
23,807 Posts
I carry an M&P40c

Personally never been a fan of the Glock block ergonomics.
Great platform, undeniably reliable, but not for me.....I prefer the M&P

Technically, the M&P is the GenIII Smith & Wesson glock copy that has evolved.
Glocks........look the same as 35 years ago, but internals have gotten better.

However, I seriously would consider the XDm 5.25" 9mm that is newer.
If I had a choice, I'd take this as the #1 choice between those. Consider the Walther PPQ 5" M2 also.
I've had my Glock 17 for over 30 years. Never a problem and is very comfortable in the hand.

· Sizeable Member
7,762 Posts
The trigger on the original M&P 9 was shit but they made improvements on the later models. Mine was acceptable out of the box and I shot very well with it right from the get go. I did ultimately install an Apex DCAEK and trigger (40 bucks each on ebay) but I don't think it was really necessary. More like I just can't help tinkering with my guns.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The m&p9 that academy has on sale are law enforcement surplus. Smith and Wesson says they haven't made them in years and they have the old barrel and triggers.... I'm not gonna "pull the trigger" on this one. I'll just wait.

· Registered
5,315 Posts
That's the perfect gun to buy. You know 99% of LEO DON'T go to the range like they should so that gun realistically has 500 rnds at most through it and is inspected annually. It rides around in the holster all day. Buy it.

· Registered
1,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That's the perfect gun to buy. You know 99% of LEO DON'T go to the range like they should so that gun realistically has 500 rnds at most through it and is inspected annually. It rides around in the holster all day. Buy it.
The gun is surplus, aka new in box. It's probably a 2011ish made gun that is outdated. Those early models were known for bad triggers and inaccurate barrels. I read it on the innerwebz, it must be true....

· Sizeable Member
7,762 Posts
I don't know what they're selling for in your neck of the woods but they go on sale around here fairly often for less than 4 bills new. Not worth saving a few pesos on a gun you have doubts about. The place I got mine is selling Shields in .45 cal for $419 right now. Might have to scope one out.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.