is the s box worth it
the reason I'm asking is i was thinking of putting one on
the problem is some rules don't allow them and some don't care
so is it Worth the head aces or just stick to stock reinforced box

thanks

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
It does give more adjustments and is a lot stronger than the stock setup. if you don't need the adjustments and your stocks ones are re-enforced and aren't ripping or ripped out,i'd just stay with the stock setup since it's legal every where. i connected my upper mounts to my roll cage and plated it and welded it solid.i don't think i'll need it.
Picture of the bars going through the floor to the mounts

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
we replaced mine with the s-box when the stock torque boxes were half torn out of the car after years of abuse.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
cool
thanks
i was thinking of doing the same this , i was thinking of welding a plate to the floor and a a bar from main cage to floor
the chassis guy said to get the s box

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
my bar goes through the floor,through the mount and then is welded to a plate inside the box.it all connects to the main hoop.

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
Remember if you weld a plate to the floor that you wont be welding it to the mount.the mount is on the other side of the floor,thats why i drilled a hole (holesaw) through the floor and mount,ran the bar through it and welded it to a plate that welded to the mount.that way i knew the bar was connected to the mount.i also welded it solid since its only spot welded from the factory.

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool i see what your doing

is the s box leagel for x275 stuff

we have a x275 class come to canada , same rules as sears x275 stuff

·
Registered
9,603 Posts
that i dont know.better ask someone that knows the rules.

·
Registered
4,090 Posts
i dont know why it wouldnt be?

·
Registered
3,751 Posts
It is legal in the X275 stuff down here. Some series require you to run the middle hole on them, some don't care. Some will put a mark or something on the bolt and hole when you tech. in and monitor it to make sure you don't change the location during a race.

Category 5 Race Cars makes a nice upper box too, it has 4 holes in it and is pretty heavy duty. Theres quite a few of the quicker X275 Florida Mustangs running his setup.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Yes the S-Box is legal in X275.

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
Category 5 Race Cars Inc
3239 Allen Road
Zephyrhills, FL 33541-6635
Phone: (813) 779-2728

·
SOFA KING WHAT?
43,675 Posts
I think they are working on one, give him a call monday!

·
Registered
10,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
i think i have seen pic's of it on here
not sure

1 - 18 of 18 Posts