Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have a Jayco camper with a Duo Therm forced air heater. Everything I have found says it has an electric ignitor. When I turn it on, I get no ignition or fans. I checked all the fuses and circuit breakers and everything is OK! Anybody have any experiece with these??
Thanks!!

·
Registered
371 Posts
The fan is supposed to come on before the ignition takes place and continue to run after the flame stops. Most thermostats are 2 wire, if yours only has 2 wires, try a jumper between them too see if the fan starts, if so replace the t-stat.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
The one I had was simple in theory. The Thermostat sent power to start it. The fan started and purged the unit in case there was any gas inside. After about 90 seconds of purging the ignitor started firing like a spark plug and the gas valve came on. If the flame sensor didn't see flames in about 3 to 4 seconds the gas valve shut off and so did the ignitor but the fan kept running forever until you shut the thermostat off. Turn the therostat back on and that cycle repeated itself.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Guys!! I'll mess with it a little more tomorrow. Leaving tomorrow night for the lake one last time before winter sets in, it would only be right to try to fix it the day we are gonna leave!

·
Registered
752 Posts
I had this problem but my fan did run, just wouldnt ignite, igniter and everything around it was black and sooty, just really dirty, cleaned it all up and works like a charm

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Keeping the electrode area clean is a good idea, but a shorted electrode or a misplaced or soot-covered heat sensor is often the problem when you are having problems getting the burner to light or stay lit,

One other thing to check is the wiring connections at the heater - if they have boots on them, make sure the connection inside the boot is actually connected (had that problem with the water heater once) and make sure the connections are not corroded or loose.

Good luck - having a full bottle of propane and no hot water or heat kinda sucks now that the evenings are getting a bit nippy.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts