Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a motorhome which takes 3 batteries in the coach and 2 under hood , the 3 coach ones (DEEP CYCLE) are dead ...where in the detroit area can i get them at a fair price ?

·
Registered
6,311 Posts
You want deep cycle batteries like we use in bass boats. The yellow top Wally world batteries are not very good and I quit using them cause they don't last. You could go to a sporting goods store like Dicks and get deep cycle series 27 or 31 depending on what you have now and want to spend. I have bought deep cycle batteries from O Riellys and Auto Zone for my boats and had good results too. Just get deep cycle.

·
time to go racing yet ?
33,112 Posts
i just got new dekas .. not sure of size but i know they are made in america ... actually pa . so i like them !

·
Registered
7,720 Posts
I bought my last 'house' batteries at Oreily's. Are they 6 volt?

·
Registered
5,237 Posts
351, really, for the coach batteries, I would use Interstate GOLF CAR batteries! There are 6 volt, but will out-run the "car" style 12 volts by about a weekend in run time. On that style of application, you need RESERVE time (amp/hour rating), not CCA.

·
Registered
777 Posts
351, really, for the coach batteries, I would use Interstate GOLF CAR batteries! There are 6 volt, but will out-run the "car" style 12 volts by about a weekend in run time. On that style of application, you need RESERVE time (amp/hour rating), not CCA.
X100

·
Registered
4,444 Posts
You want deep cycle batteries like we use in bass boats. The yellow top Wally world batteries are not very good and I quit using them cause they don't last. You could go to a sporting goods store like Dicks and get deep cycle series 27 or 31 depending on what you have now and want to spend. I have bought deep cycle batteries from O Riellys and Auto Zone for my boats and had good results too. Just get deep cycle.
you are correct about walmarts. mine go bad about everytime i go to use them in the summer. i even remove them from the items and store them properly. now they have a new serial system that only warrentys if so many years from the purchase date not per battery. so if u replace your battery 5 days before the warrenty expires and then a week later the new battery goes bad you sol.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts