Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just put a deposit on a russian m44 in 7.62x54.i've seen allot of the 91/30 rifles but this one is shorter, has a folding bayonet and is in really good shape. i don't know why i bought it, it really stood out from the rest though.shooting that round with a steel buttplate -ouch!

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
I got a bunch of Mosins, and have a M44 like yours. Great gun, mine groups better with the bayonet extended. Kicks a little bit, but I use one of those Past recoil pads, the kind that straps to your shoulder, and I shoot 7.62 x 54r all day.
Shoot it early in the morn, or late in the day, around dusk, and you will see a huge fireball out the end.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Iron sights all the way. I do have a kit to mount a scope but my first scope was a cheap NcStar brand and it broke after about 6 shoots. So I took it off. I am good with iron sights out to about 100 yards.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
How much was it that you put a deposit on it? I was at a gun show 2day and those m44's are only sellin for 80-120 bucks depending on condition. I only paid $130 for mine with a flash supp, bi-pod, and scope mount already installed.

·
Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
in illinois you have to wait 1 day,so the deposit. the gun dealer has some cheap rifles but this one is in remarkable shape,that's why i bought it. some of those i wouldn't take a chance on firing.

·
Registered
1,930 Posts
Gotcha. Didn't know you guy's had a waiting period for rifles. That's why I like PA, no waiting period for anything. See a handgun, pay for it, take it home same day.

·
Registered
41,231 Posts
just put a deposit on a russian m44 in 7.62x54.i've seen allot of the 91/30 rifles but this one is shorter, has a folding bayonet and is in really good shape. i don't know why i bought it, it really stood out from the rest though.shooting that round with a steel buttplate -ouch!
There is a lot of ouch in that 54R, one was enough for me.:p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts