Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,232 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I picked me up some used rusty headers,just wondering what people are using for a "high temp" paint? Going to sandblast them and I want a paint that will last for a little while......Rusty,not rusrt,lol

·
Registered
343 Posts
If you don't mind the flat look, try painting them with bbq grille paint. Did that to a set and entire exhaust system and it still looks like freshly painted to this day

·
Bracket racer
13,290 Posts
VHT header paint works good....just wear a mask because that shit is STRONG!

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
If you don't mind the flat look, try painting them with bbq grille paint. Did that to a set and entire exhaust system and it still looks like freshly painted to this day
now thats thinkin man good tip

·
Registered
698 Posts
i did the same thing for years believe it or not it seems to last longer also

·
First round fodder...
3,602 Posts
we use the bbq paint on turbo exuast housings, we recoat 1 time a year.....no rust and looks like high end black coating......

·
Registered
6,266 Posts

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
I had my headers sand blasted to get them clean as a whistle. Than i followed the directions on the vht can to the t. I sprayed them than had them placed in a baking oven in a 3 step heat /cool down process, and they came out durable and heat resistant. Follow directions and you will be rewarded.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
whats this directions thing you speak of :confused:

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
On the back of the VHT flameproof silica -ceramic coating can. It is good between 1300-2000*F (704-1093*C) It has very detailed instructions...great product.

Off the vehicle:bake at 250*f for 30 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes. Bake at 400*f for 30 minutes. Cool for 30 minutes. Bake at 600*f for 30 minutes.Cool for 30 minutes.

·
Registered
5,419 Posts
i was just messin with ya, but thanks for the info

·
Registered
39 Posts
If you want the flat black look and live near a John Deere store get the Black Muffler paint. Had my old headers blasted and used this paint with very good results.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts