Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
any reason I cannot idle my blow thru with carb hat off, really struggling with idle and would like to set it up and then see if it changes cheers

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
mine idles with or without the hat. what is it doing?

·
Registered
1,268 Posts
No reason at all. Try it.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
great, is very responsive but cant get idle below 1500 so makes pain on street

·
Registered
1,821 Posts
I read another post on here one time with a guy having the same trouble. Several chimed in and said their carb wouldn't idle without it hooked up also.

·
Registered
9,580 Posts
When the car is idling there is no boost with or without the hat on.so the car should idle fine.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks will let you know my findings tommorow, got good vacumn, timings right and have checked everything for vacumn leaks but it is just a normal carb with different floats. wondering if there is a bit more to a blow thru carbs than i first thought

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
cant just run a normal carb hoss.they are some changes need to be made.i run a modified holley 4150 hp.guys changed a good bit on mine.get ahold of csu or [email protected] for help with the carb.

·
Registered
664 Posts
I read another post on here one time with a guy having the same trouble. Several chimed in and said their carb wouldn't idle without it hooked up also.
Hey Preston, you got you Blowthru running yet. I'm starting on one too.

·
Registered
1,187 Posts
i had the ebay kit.they spool real fast.i belive they was 63/60 eventually leaked thru the seals.hope yours came out better than mine.only thing i kept was the oil lines and fitting and the headers.cut the ends off went vbad and swapped everything out.i went a 6.14 with it on a 355 sbc.good luck with it.

·
Custom Engine Shop
3,812 Posts
mine idles with or without the hat. what is it doing?
X2.

How is the boost ref regulator tubing ran?
Regulator should go to the bonnet not the manifold.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Make sure the rear blades are not cracked open too far and make sure none of the blades are bent and not letting the throttle close all the way.

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
no matter what we do you can always see day light around butterflys, starting to think bad casting. will try and compare to a new barry grant friend has, if wrong will have to rob piggy bank for a proper blow thru carb, cheers for your help

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Take the baseplate off and loosen the screws on the blades and see if you can get them to fit better in the bores. Sometimes there is a little play for adjustment in the blades.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts