Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
We have been dead for about 3 weeks. Talked to are parts guy and he said business was booming, people coming in and buying there own parts to work on the cars at home. Great for them, really bad for us. Oil just went up again so we had to change our oil $$$$ for the first time in 9 years. I hope we survive to get through this. Dad has good credit and some $$$ in the bank so we will make do.
Jim

Andy's Automotive Service and Performance Center.

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
its been hit and miss here, busy one day and dead the next.
ive been open for a hour and a half so far and had two customers
and one phone call. its going to be a loooong weekend.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
August 2007 the used car dealership I run sold 145 cars. Last month we struggled to hit 80. We focus in on second-third chance financing and most of our hurdles are not the lack of customers but the banks not wanting to loan any money.

·
Banned
19,859 Posts
Ive been in retail for long time last 3 yrs in fleet repairs, even we are slower than normal trucks are not hitting pm date/miliage like they used to. the parts suppliers, mostly dealers from fla. to pa to georgia are all crying . alot of hurting business for sure been this way for over 2 yrs with hit or miss last 5 months they said the worse they have seen ever. good luck to all of those in auto retail it may never return to the good ole days is my gut feeling.

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
its been hit and miss here, busy one day and dead the next.
ive been open for a hour and a half so far and had two customers
and one phone call. its going to be a loooong weekend.
Whoa...

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
i think im up to 4 now :(
but its rainy and still early so i guess ill wait and see
Only done 38 transactions so far... :smt100

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Sold a couple brake jobs and TPS unit. But like you said we are keeping our heads above water. The techs are crying and we have been trying to supplement when we can to get them through. Also hard to get parts on a Saturday !!!! Good luck guys !
Jim

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
Sold a couple brake jobs and TPS unit. But like you said we are keeping our heads above water. The techs are crying and we have been trying to supplement when we can to get them through. Also hard to get parts on a Saturday !!!! Good luck guys !
Jim
Drive to me... I'll hook you guys up and it would be worth it... ;)

·
Registered
492 Posts
My good friend owns a motor building shop that in its height was selling 7-10 4-5k motors a week. Now he is lucky to sell 2-3 a week. He is REALLY crying the blues.
If he went form 7-10 motors a week to 2-3 he should be happy he actually has time to go spend all that money he has been making.

·
Registered
3,370 Posts
If he went form 7-10 motors a week to 2-3 he should be happy he actually has time to go spend all that money he has been making.
Make more....Spend more. I had a guy in my store yesterday that made 33k a month between him and his wife. I COULDNT GET HIM FINANCED!!!! These two had a debt to income ratio of 55% and a combined average of a 439 beacon. BTW if you dont know what DTI is he had $18,150 a month just to cover his outstanding debt and bills. There is no bank in the world that will loan this guy another cent. That my friend is sad. Again make more spend more.

·
YB Monster Crew
9,107 Posts
23 mile road / Hayes in Shelby Township, might be a bit of ride...LOL Thanks for the offer.
No problem... Let me know if you want to pickup from warehouse... It's at 10 and Dequin...

1 - 20 of 24 Posts