Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
425 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a way to be able to retard the timing automatically if I decide to use nitrous during a run. I do not have any type of msd box or anything and I don't really want one if I can avoid it. Thanks

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
You are going to have to use a digital ignition box of some sort (example MSD Digital 6, 7531, ect).... or an old analog box (MSD 6AL) with a separate timing retard computer (MSD 8980).
Will

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
In my younger days of points and condensor distributors, I took a choke cable and installed it in place of the vacuum advice. Cable knob mounted on dash. pulled out it would be full advanced. Set timing where you want it. When cable was pushed in then points plate would retard. You could do the same for reluctor plate in distributor. I did this because of alot of timing advance and alot of compression. When hot it was tough to crank over. I was 19 when I did this and thought wow what a top secret item.

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
On rotor we would remove advance springs and install small rubber washers and e-clips to keep weights in place. Once started centrifugal force would advance rotor and hold it in place and then turn distributor to proper timing.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
I read somewhere you can use a 5pin hei module and the 5th pin is a retard for w/e it was in, can't rem the exact but think it was 5 deg.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts