Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased my first rolling 25-1e chassis car.How is everyone running the brake lines and fuel lines.Want to do it rite the first time and have no problems down the road.
Tony

·
Registered
3,772 Posts
We run everything outside the frame. Here is a link to a Corvette we did. http://jalbum.net/en/browse/user/album/759497/
Pro Crew,The car in the pics looks beautiful,that said.Why ERW tube? All that work,fuck,I tell guys if they want mild it is extra!The tube might be cheaper but fitting is harder cause of the thicker wall,nothing slip fits cause of the seam and when I bend it, it gallls and I have to polish my swiper die every time I bend it.Plus your tig welding it anyways.I am definitely not bashing the work but, clue me in buddy?

OP, I like to run the brake/fire lines in the tubes,its a preference thing.You just have to weld a tube in with the same wall as the bar your going in and be sure to deburr it well.After your done you can silicone the hole to keep it from rattling and potentially rubbing through it.I like my cars to look as simple as possible.It is a PITA sometimes but I like it.The fuel lines are usually only a couple feet long.BTW Allstar sells a 25' roll of stainless line for $45.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I tried to talk him into moly but thats what he wanted. Could not talk him into it. We tig welded it to becouse I cant send a car out mig welded. Sometime you just have to do what they want, if not they go to someone that will.

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
I know I told him all that and more for 2 weeks but thats what he wanted. I have been selling complete cars for 15 years and he was the only one that would not upgrade or change his mind on anything.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts