Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Along with everything else I broke yesterday, I can't afford an Ultra Bell.

I'm trying to get car back together as efficiently as possible....read: cheap

I mistakenly left out the top 2 bolts of the bell, and somehow the two passenger side bolts loosened...

This, I guess, made the top ear on driver's side, above the dowel...break the ear off.

If all else checks out OK, is this safe/OK to do?

Car is mid 11 second footbrake car.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Have it welded back on.

Although not ideal, I'm sure you could run it as is if you aren't making a ton of power. I would definitely try to just get it welded though

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lol....ya know...I didn't even consider that. Been so stressed out about the rest of the carnage the obvious escaped....

Thanks.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Not sure of what happened first....
1000' mark got severe vibration for split second then all hell broke loose...
Banging on the floor, felt through the pedals and steering wheel, followed by two big pieces of driveshaft and half my X pipe and one muffler flying out from under the car into the other lane...which was my son in his car...luckily he was slower and braked/swerved around the parts.

Half of the driveshaft was not found and I also have a 1" x 5" gash through the floorboard directly under my seat....I noticed crack in bell housing after I got the car back home and on the lift.

Could have turned out a lot worse.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Like I mentioned on the Chevelle site, I would not recommend you just re-use this transmission without inspecting the low roller clutch and rear geartrain. It's coming aprt for that anyway, might be a good time for a new case or an Ultrabell.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Like I mentioned on the Chevelle site, I would not recommend you just re-use this transmission without inspecting the low roller clutch and rear geartrain. It's coming aprt for that anyway, might be a good time for a new case or an Ultrabell.
Jake its actually going tomorrow to my local shop to be inspected. I wouldn't know what I was looking at anyway...lol

·
Wayyyyy more left in it!
7,059 Posts
What does a bad low roller clutch look like? Is it when the return springs do nothing? Or is it uglier looking than that?

·
Brewmaster
12,612 Posts
LOL...nah it was another piece of shit phone...an I Phone... but no doubt there's minimum 75% operator error, lol.

It is clear watching on her phone. but got like that when emailed to me to post.
That's because it downsizes the file and the result is potato vision. Upload directly to youtube from the phone and it should keep the quality up.

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Is it just me or does the dowel hole look blown the hell out. Have the trans gone through and put an ultrabell on it.
Scared me for a second, so I had to go take a look. It must be the lighting or the anti-sieze in the hole or something...dowel hole looks fine.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts