Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
399 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
WHat are the rules for having someone along in the car with you.
Is there is a limit on how fast you can go
Just asking becuase i would like to let someone drive my car but they have never driven a car down the track and i would just like to make a few shakedown passes to teach them how to stage and shift the car
Any clearifaction would be helpfully weather it be he NHRA rules or the track rules again it would just be a mild leaving 1/8 mile pass

·
Registered
4,425 Posts
every track is different. at norwalk about 6 yrs ago bill bader said i could take a passenger down as long as they have the same required saftey equip as the driver. i took my girl down as a passenger an we went like 9.20 somthing at 144, she liked it.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Last grudge night at Sacramento raceway took 3 passengers and a Dog. :D Sure it was a 15 second truck but still a Dog that's pretty sick you have to admit.

Realistically at Sacramento they will not let you have anyone in a car faster than 14.0.

·
RIP Dave - YB will miss you
25,442 Posts
every track is different. at norwalk about 6 yrs ago bill bader said i could take a passenger down as long as they have the same required saftey equip as the driver. i took my girl down as a passenger an we went like 9.20 somthing at 144, she liked it.
That is freaking cool.I'd like to take my wife for a low 7 sec ride at about 190 with a big ol wheelstand on the hit.Cant do it though the intercooler and icebox are in the way.

·
time to go racing yet ?
35,653 Posts
i seen a track owner go for a ride in a low 7sec car at a friday night race .

i also think a rule should be considered for passengers as long as they {passenger} have the same equipment as the driver . this way if a new guy wants to get into racing a good friend can take him for a lap to show him whats goin on inside . i have seen alot of guys that never ran new cars before with lots of power simply f shit up becuase they dont know what to actually do inside the car

1 - 11 of 11 Posts