Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Administrator
136,618 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Constant "give me a weight break" whining is killing what can potentially be a very good thing. Let's take Billy Glidden for example. I do not know the guy and have never met him. But why does the guy get to weigh in at 2400 #'s with a clutch style SBF? And everyone else has to weigh 600 pounds more? I understand that this has made a lot of racers walk away from racing next to him due to the fact it is not fair.

The other end is a racer who may sponsor a class. They seem to get special treatment and the rules sway their way. Why is that? Should there be a price on the rule book? $Xxxxxx.xx will buy your way to the top of this class as you will have complete control of the rules?

Personally I like sponsors who support the sport and go with the flow. The rules are the rules and when the organization does not produce, they walk. Sponsoring a class or event is a business as well income and support for the organizations.

So here is my view.. Race a class that will show the sponsor and racer the support they need and deserve. For the racer and/or origination it is about making the world know who this sponsor is, what they do, what they can do for the racer and the products they have. In turn the sponsor will continue to support the racer with goods or service. Pretty basic stuff here...

On a sponsorship level it is basically working with a racer or organization where they believe their produces will be advertised and tested. The racer and/or organization will be responsible to make the world know who they are on a very high level. This will cost the racer and/or organization money out of their pocket. It is what is expected on this level and the sponsors deserve just that. What they do not deserve is influence of the rules to make their product or service superior to others on the market.

Take the NHRA for example. Some sponsors force the race to run their product on their car or they are not allowed to race that class. Some make you mask off the other products name. WTF is that? Is that company scared of competition?

So to conclude this rant.. I say sponsors have their place to support the racer and/or organization and depend on them to carry out the objective. If the objective is not carried out, they should walk. If the objective is carried out more sponsors are sure to come.

This is my rant for the day.. I think..

·
Registered
93,064 Posts
Monty....a lot of times there are sponsors that say.....I'll give you this.....but Product "B" can't be used......When they throw down big$$$ thats what happens.....every day.....its part of business........Turn it around....you spend 20K to sponsor a class....your competitor spends nothing.....their stickers are all over some cars....how would you feel???
Lets face it....if your spending good money.....you want an "Exclusive" Deal

Look at Corteco with the Front License Plate.....If you didn't have it......you didn't Race......Now think of all the Wheel Stand Pictures out there.....with the Corteco name in it......Thats smart marketing (Pat Lynch)

·
Registered
519 Posts
MIKHO

THE BOARD RULES STATE WE CAN FLAME EACH OTHER CUSS DO ANAL THINGS BREAK BONES IF REQUIRED ETC ETC BUT WE DO NOT TALK ABOUT RULES OR SPONSORS HERE IT JUST AINT RIGHT OK DUDE, DAMN GLAD I GOT THAT OFF MY CHEST NOW NO MORE.

·
God Bless America
10,615 Posts
MY Target for 2006 Kick Billy Glidden. Ass!
nobody else talks about it and if you what to be the man you have got to beat the Man!!! Small Block to Small Block Nitrous to Nitrous Billy going Down at his own Game!

·
The Warbird
6,478 Posts
Aaaaaahh! Zombie thread, just in time for Halloween!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts