Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are the rubber pads above and below the leafsprings necessary for a drag race only application? Had to pull out rearend to weld up axle tubes and found the pads were pretty wore out. Just wondering if I can chunk these in the garbage or go get some replacements.

·
"Less talk, more thought"
2,134 Posts
Are the rubber pads above and below the leafsprings necessary for a drag race only application? Had to pull out rearend to weld up axle tubes and found the pads were pretty wore out. Just wondering if I can chunk these in the garbage or go get some replacements.
Ford and Mercurys had these pads on their springs on the Fairlane and Comet lines.
I delete them by closing up the holes in the perch bracket and lower shock plate to the spring center bolt size, and using new U-bolts and trimming off the excess after the nuts are tight.

·
Registered
1,977 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wonder what kind of car you have?
68 Camaro with a 12 bolt. Stock mono leafs. Will be getting Calvert springs when I get a little more money.

Last time out I had a 1.42 60ft but it has been as quick as 1.36 with old motor on nitrous. New engine without nitrous it went the 1.42 and that was shifting right into 2nd when I left off the transbrake. Yeah, I know...move the button off the shifter.

·
Registered
3,823 Posts
Pitch 'em in the garbage.:D

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
I got rid of them on my car.......took advantage of the clearance and set my pinion angle with some shims

1 - 6 of 6 Posts