Yellow Bullet Forums banner
41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,273 Posts
Can you explain how this 44% came about, please? Its a 1.69 1st gear in case you didnt read that. Like I said before I don't know it all specially when it come to trans, converter & gear multiplication. I don't have to tell the world they are here reading already. I dont appreciate the "F" word.
Don't let the 44 stray your thoughts but concentrate on the % sign. Now take the fact that there is a % change in rpm on the gear change and accept the fact that shift RPM drops will be a % of the shift rpm. That means it will always change which is part of the reason you don't see huge changes in shift RPM when you ring the motor.
You will always fall back to stall speed , in your case 7400 , get used to it and get the car to make it up before the shift or after the shift.
Go find a way to make more power because 173 and the ET's you posted seem to be correct. I would see a problem if you ran 8.0's and posted 180 mph.

Hutch

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
You asked me why I thought it wouldn't run 7.80's @ 173.you've made 20 posts about the flatline,not one about fixing the 60'.Stapletons car isn't Luthers,infact you back up my theory.YOU WON'T RUN 7.8O'S @ 173 WITH A #3590 CAR THAT 60's 1.3O ! That's telling you something you don't already know.Luthers car weighs what...2900,and 60'd in the low one teens.Brians Gremlin and Trobianis Camaro same way, 7.80's @173 with low 1 teen 60's.Coble has you beat power/weight ratio,look at his car when it only went 173,no 7.90 ! You're not going to find 3/10 in the 8th so you need 100 more hp or you'll never see 7 seconds. As far as your customers anonymity you're all over the internet talking about Tim,Stapleton and Carpenter.Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out when you post et's identical to NMCA race et's for Stapleton.
I can see your sour about something I just can put my finger on it yet! Coble? Who cares what that buzzards runs, if a had a car that goes 182mph but it only Et 7.98...... that dude got bigger problem than us! I'm not going to find 3/10? probably not! But i will find something! I stop spending time reading all of my post & keeping up with my customers & spend time working on your combo. I thought you were a decent guy. I asked you nicely to keep names out of this, not everybody know my customers cars, classes they run in & there ETs like you! In those 20 post not once did i mention name or nor did anybody else cause is not about who's car, its about a stall on the gear change!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #43 ·
Don't let the 44 stray your thoughts but concentrate on the % sign. Now take the fact that there is a % change in rpm on the gear change and accept the fact that shift RPM drops will be a % of the shift rpm. That means it will always change which is part of the reason you don't see huge changes in shift RPM when you ring the motor.
You will always fall back to stall speed , in your case 7400 , get used to it and get the car to make it up before the shift or after the shift.
Go find a way to make more power because 173 and the ET's you posted seem to be correct. I would see a problem if you ran 8.0's and posted 180 mph.

Hutch
Thanks for breaking it down like that! I got a better picture of it now. The ET program needs to be better in the 1st half of the track & then maybe the back half ET will come around. Is that correct? If it is, Is it about power or power management? I'm not looking for mph. I'm looking for ET! If we get the car to 60' & 330' (ET better) isn't that going to change finish line ET with out changing hp levels?

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
I can see your sour about something I just can put my finger on it yet! Coble? Who cares what that buzzards runs, if a had a car that goes 182mph but it only Et 7.98...... that dude got bigger problem than us! I'm not going to find 3/10? probably not! But i will find something! I stop spending time reading all of my post & keeping up with my customers & spend time working on your combo. I thought you were a decent guy. I asked you nicely to keep names out of this, not everybody know my customers cars, classes they run in & there ETs like you! In those 20 post not once did i mention name or nor did anybody else cause is not about who's car, its about a stall on the gear change!

If we get this bottle pressure figured out Aaron's car is going to be a heavy contender in X/S! Look out cause you are going the get bitten by the SHARK....LOL

Only thing I'm sour about is your negative attitude toward me, when I was just trying to be helpful.You were concerned about your et @ 173. I tried to assure you that with the restrictions of that class and your 60', et is pretty spot on.Coble was just an example,if you have a hard-on with him then how about Shemwell or Bartholme.Both have better power/ weight ratio than "your customer", they've mph better and never ran 7's.As far as reading all "your" posts, I was the 5th post on the rpm flatline post, you didn't Johnie come lately until 6 days into it. Again,like the post above YOU are all over these boards with your customers cars and owners names. You create these monsters and then want Sssss.Look at all the press you gave Carpenter,now your quiet because the eight-O brick is for sale.They're not clocks off street racers.They're incrementals are posted on NMCA Live Timing for all the world to see.If you'd study those times you'd see you're running what you should run.By the way I am a decent guy,but can turn if provoked.I better go spend some time working on my combo now....cuz you said so.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
If we get this bottle pressure figured out Aaron's car is going to be a heavy contender in X/S! Look out cause you are going the get bitten by the SHARK....LOL

Only thing I'm sour about is your negative attitude toward me, when I was just trying to be helpful.You were concerned about your et @ 173. I tried to assure you that with the restrictions of that class and your 60', et is pretty spot on.Coble was just an example,if you have a hard-on with him then how about Shemwell or Bartholme.Both have better power/ weight ratio than "your customer", they've mph better and never ran 7's.As far as reading all "your" posts, I was the 5th post on the rpm flatline post, you didn't Johnie come lately until 6 days into it. Again,like the post above YOU are all over these boards with your customers cars and owners names. You create these monsters and then want Sssss.Look at all the press you gave Carpenter,now your quiet because the eight-O brick is for sale.They're not clocks off street racers.They're incrementals are posted on NMCA Live Timing for all the world to see.If you'd study those times you'd see you're running what you should run.By the way I am a decent guy,but can turn if provoked.I better go spend some time working on my combo now....cuz you said so.
I posted that, but that wasn't recently in this two threads that i asked you not to mention names. If someone wanted to know who's car this was they could ask or looked it up them self! No one asked because they don't care about who's car, they care about how to fix the problem if its even a problem.
The 8.0 brick? You see what I'm saying! What did Carpenter ever do to you? If your pissed off with me talk about me not anybody else. If you think you got something for the 8.0 brick then put a set of Drag Radials on take the bars off & lets see how fast you go! Anybody can run fast with a big tire & wheelie bars!
I know I can!! I don't have a hard-on for anybody. I'm just the engine/tuner guy, maybe my customer does but not me! My interest is on making the car ET faster. That's why I'm here!

·
Registered
15,547 Posts

:smt082:smt082:smt082:smt082

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
If you think you got something for the 8.0 brick then put a set of Drag Radials on take the bars off & lets see how fast you go! Anybody can run fast with a big tire & wheelie bars!
I know I can!!

The car is Larrys & mine. We are 50/50 partners on it.

So put on a W tire, wheelie bars and strap on YOUR helmet.Bring a "G" to the Grove and your on.

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
The car is Larrys & mine. We are 50/50 partners on it.

So put on a W tire, wheelie bars and strap on YOUR helmet.Bring a "G" to the Grove and your on.
Our car cant fit a W tire & don't have room for training wheels either! So why don't you put D/R tires on cause they would fit your car & just unbolt the bars & bring as many "G" as you can afford & lets see what you got, MCmike! :peeing33x10.5W & Training Wheels!......anybody can do what your doing with this 2 things!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
Our car cant fit a W tire & don't have room for training wheels either! So why don't you put D/R tires on cause they would fit your car & just unbolt the bars & bring as many "G" as you can afford & lets see what you got, MCmike

Home > Strip > ET Drag Radial
ET Drag Radial
Pro Drag Radial
M/T® Pro Drag Radials are the fastest Drag tires on the strip! The radial design allows for less rolling resistance for better ET's. Radial slicks will give you the edge over the competition!
  • Radial Construction for Less Rolling Resistance
  • Zero Growth for Predictable Gear Ratios
  • Compounded For Maximum Traction
  • Works best with Auto Trans Applications
NOT FOR HIGHWAY USE!.

MICKEY THOMPSON COMPOUND SELECTION CHART

Medium--------------------------------------------------------Soft
M5 R1

M5 - Good compound for general use.
R1 - Special Compound for ET Drag Radial.

Click to Enlarge Part #SizeAppx.
WeightCompoundSuggested
TubeMeasuring
RimSidewall
WidthTread
WidthOverall
DiameterCirc.3067R30.0/9.0R1523R1Tubeless1011.88.530.093.753056R29.5/9.0R15 RADIAL23R1Tubeless1011.58.529.5923066R30.0/9.0R15 RADIAL23R1Tubeless1012.59.029.7933073R31.25/12.2R15W30R1Tubeless1416.313.531.91003074R32.0/14.0R15 RADIAL32R1Tubeless1417.414.032.3101.753075R32.5/14.0R1533M5Tubeless1416.514.132.6102.53078R33.0/14.5R1535R1Tubeless1417.614.533.0103.753085R33.0/17.0R1538M5Tubeless1619.116.832.7102.75

Just ordered the 3078R's, But you're driving right ?How about 8/13 DaGrove

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #50 ·
What the hell is all of that! That's not 315 60 15 DR tire! Thats a slick undercover. Put the same tire we got on our car & take the training wheels off, & lets see what you got! 8/13 of what year? I think by then the car should be sold! Who said anything about me driving! Anybody that knows me knows that I just tune & build engines. I couldnt cut a light to save my life! Besides I got plenty drivers on call so you can pick & choose which one you want to hand your ass back to you....lol YO YO MCMIKE!

·
Registered
1,723 Posts
If you think you got something for the 8.0 brick then put a set of Drag Radials on take the bars off & lets see how fast you go! Anybody can run fast with a big tire & wheelie bars!
I know I can!!
I took that to mean you were driving, and you said Drag Radial, that's what I ordered. 9/13/08

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
I took that to mean you were driving, and you said Drag Radial, that's what I ordered. 9/13/08
Call back & have them send you the rite tire! I "never said" i was driving! don't assume thing, I'm not a driver! I'm just an engine/tuner guy! The 8.00 brick would still be an 8.00 brick no matter who drives it! Don't you think? This is my race & my car, so I'm going to give you my drivers choice take your pick:
The Shark Stapleton or Mr.Wonderful
315x60x15 Et Street & No wheelie bars!
I'm not afraid to say "I cant drive", but I'm smart enough to put the best drivers around in my car!

·
Registered
4,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
If you read again that wasnt me asking you to race! That was just me saying that if you think is so easy why dont you try it!

41 - 55 of 55 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.