Yellow Bullet Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Super Moderator
20,323 Posts
Your pulling some weight and with a glide , it will hang on stall after the gear change and thats what its doing. It is still multiplying torque at that point and accelerating. Have you ever seen a glide car do anything different? Your going 1.8 - 1:1 , thats a big change.

Hutch

·
Super Moderator
20,323 Posts
Its a pretty simple deal . If the converter was eliminated the car would accelerate to its shift point , then gear change and fall to the rpm determined by the ratio change then accelerate from there and would not sit there at an RPM flatline.
When you see the flatline its just sitting on the converter. The only way to stop that is to accelerate in first gear to a point that won't allow the rpm fallback (determined by ratio) to land on the stall speed and you will not have the flatline in your graph. If the gear is changed it may make a very slight difference as it will take away some load from the converter and it may act slightly tighter but don't hold your breath.

Hutch

·
Super Moderator
20,323 Posts
I have the answers for you Jimmy but this recent post you just made reminded me a lot of the shyt kicking you gave me over the thrust bearing post this past winter.
I don't want to get into that again and I see once again you have all the answers anyway so why don't we leave it at that and I won't subject myself to another kick up the nuts.
You would think I would learn after the first time.

Hutch

·
Super Moderator
20,323 Posts
You have a technical section here to help people not to make them feel like crap!
And I do help people, a lot of them and I keep no secrets that sacred.
I tried to help you this past winter if you remember and you turned it into a shitstorm. For that and where I feel this is heading, let me out before it starts again with you.

Hutch

·
Super Moderator
20,323 Posts
I will be glad to share with you or any one thats interested on this issue our results. Thats why we are here trying to find answers, Maybe Hutch can tell you the fix since he said he had the answer to this problem & he doesnt keep any top secrets from anybody!
JLO , stop poking at me, If you are tyring to get under my skin , its working.
I already gave you the answer but you can't fucking read!!!

The shift drop on a 1.8 glide is 44% , now does that mean the rpm drop on the gear change will be the same number (rpm) no matter what RPM you shift from?

Thats it, now you take that information and tell the world how its done.

Hutch

·
Super Moderator
20,323 Posts
Can you explain how this 44% came about, please? Its a 1.69 1st gear in case you didnt read that. Like I said before I don't know it all specially when it come to trans, converter & gear multiplication. I don't have to tell the world they are here reading already. I dont appreciate the "F" word.
Don't let the 44 stray your thoughts but concentrate on the % sign. Now take the fact that there is a % change in rpm on the gear change and accept the fact that shift RPM drops will be a % of the shift rpm. That means it will always change which is part of the reason you don't see huge changes in shift RPM when you ring the motor.
You will always fall back to stall speed , in your case 7400 , get used to it and get the car to make it up before the shift or after the shift.
Go find a way to make more power because 173 and the ET's you posted seem to be correct. I would see a problem if you ran 8.0's and posted 180 mph.

Hutch

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.