Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if I should adjust the gov on my TH350 to a higher RPM. Right now its shifting at 5250, and it pulls right to it. Ive got Pro comp heads :)mad:) an edelbrock torker II intake a Demon 650 and a Comp cams Mutha' thumpr that specs at @.05 235/249 duration and .490/.475 lift. I don't know what the limitations of the stock bottom end are, but I would love to rev it to 6000.

thanks for the help:rolleyes:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't think to look there $%&* but I did look through the first twenty pages of this thread like an idiot

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
misunderstood what you meant about the newb thread. whoops. and if 6k is fine that whats the limit? its a hyd flat cam

·
Butch
8,208 Posts
I have had hyd flat tappet cams in 327's turn 7200rpm with the 327 cast crank, 5.7 stock rods with stock bolts and performance pistons. It floated one time at 7500rpm and damaged a rocker, engine lasted for years on the street

6,000rpm is fine

As to when it will float, who knows, It is a hyd.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Awesome thanks for the advice. I might just be hitting some higher RPMs once my motor goes back together. Thats a different story though

·
Registered
1,297 Posts
A Friend and I put together a Bone Stock 350 lower end with a large hyd cam. For Shits & Giggles we Beat the Snot out of it. This car & engine was a Community Beater. Many times this JUNK 350 with little Dollar$ invested in it was rev-ed up to 7800 r.p.m.s.and then some. The engine never broke and ran surprising well. The first night out on the Street it was 9 for 9. Those were the Days.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ron - that sounds wicked! I won't be making power that high 'cus my top end isn't built for that. I would love to see a vid of that thing

1 - 8 of 8 Posts