Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
17,121 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Non-directional radials.....daily driver, do you swap side-to-side (change rotation) or keep them on the same side?

·
Registered
8,965 Posts
Rear straight to front. Front X to rear.

·
Premium Member
1,444 Posts

·
Registered
7,961 Posts
Depends if rwd/fwd/4wd. The pic posted above is correct, but usually I will rotate according to wear, or choppiness from worn shocks.

·
Registered
915 Posts
LF to RR
RR to LF

RF to LR
LR to RF
Fail. Next rotation they will be at the same position.

You cross only one axle's pair. Then over 4 rotations, each tire has hit each corner and evened out it's wear.

Tire shops and dealers often just do front to back, cuz too lazy to open the owner's manual or give a rip about a proper rotation.

·
Registered
33,084 Posts

You cross only one axle's pair. Then over 4 rotations, each tire has hit each corner and evened out it's wear.

Tire shops and dealers often just do front to back, cuz too lazy to open the owner's manual or give a rip about a proper rotation.
Works fantastic for me. Jus sayn' ;)

·
PHUCKSTICK
4,662 Posts

Unless your car is out of whack (ie: accident rebuild), it shouldn't need more that oppositional and front/rear wear pattern evening....

NOT a fail, keyboard jockey....

·
Titanium Member
11,074 Posts
I dont rotate.Id rather buy 2 tires than 4.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts