Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We stepped up to a T /S chassis this summer year. Although we're still short a little power to make most fields it is all new to us. We recently replaced the slicks and have always switched them side to side between events to try and even the wear out. As we're using the sidewall a whole lot more does this still sound like a good idea? Discuss.

·
T/S 368E
32,514 Posts

Every 5 pass's here. Been doing it like that for years, it works.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Every 5 pass's here. Been doing it like that for years, it works.

Thanks. Perhaps I'm over thinking. I was just worried that stressing the sidewall in two directions would lead to it breaking down faster. For reference we run an S10 truck 2428 lbs at the start line and have been a best of 7.99 @ 165. Datalogger shows 2.87G at the hit. Driver reports banging his helmet off the seat when the brake released. :p

·
Registered
13,091 Posts
At the M/T booth last year at the sema show they told me to rotate the slicks it will make the sidewalls last longer so i do it every oil change

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
At the M/T booth last year at the sema show they told me to rotate the slicks it will make the sidewalls last longer so i do it every oil change
Interesting. We run MT slicks. Our practice has always been the same just didn't know it was recommended. Guess we have one more thing to add to the maintenance list between events. Thanks folks.

·
Registered
6,312 Posts
I never swapped my Hoosiers but 6 yrs ago when I went to M/T I was told with my heavy car running the ETs I was that rotating would be smart. I started to do that after every race and the tires lasted very well plus they never gave up or gave me any issues. I think a slower car or an ultra light car may not matter but faster stuff and heavy stuff I think it is.

·
Registered
6,855 Posts
I really think the more often the better. I rotate ours every time we go to the track...on both cars. If I had the help, I would rotate every run. Related, we keep the tires out of the sun, by using tire covers while in the pits, & when towing up to the staging lanes. This is consistent with what I have seen Monte, Billy Glidden, & others do, & I suspect they have more experience in such matters than me.

·
Registered
512 Posts
I am lucky enough that my car builder lets me hang out whenever they test the Pro stock car. FWIW they swap left and right rears after every pass.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Wow, thanks for all the responses. We're going to swap them between events. Since we live in the great white north our season is almost over. The vehicle is an S-10 and the box sides have to come off to get the tires off so we won't be doing it between rounds (at least not until we make a little more power). Thanks again for all the answers.

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thanks again, here's a picture of the truck.

[/URL][/IMG]

·
Registered
37 Posts
We run the Hoosiers. Do small burnouts and never rotate. Run anywhere from 4.90 to 4.20 and put over 100 passes on a set Basically a set a year.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts