Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When is " de-icing " the throttle before a run recommended ???
AKA : tons of boost ....tons of fuel .......buzzard hat or bigger....???
No problems here ....yet !
Tanxz..........

·
Registered
624 Posts
speed and horsepower isn't the factor if or when you need de-icer. you need de-icer IF ice is developing around the gap on the throttle blades. That usually happens when the blower is good, and there is moisture in the air. the amount of overdrive can cause the ice to form as well because the airspeed going into the hat is faster.

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
speed and horsepower isn't the factor if or when you need de-icer. you need de-icer IF ice is developing around the gap on the throttle blades. That usually happens when the blower is good, and there is moisture in the air. the amount of overdrive can cause the ice to form as well because the airspeed going into the hat is faster.
As in PSI type ?? or brand new ? The gap between the blades and the shaft , OR the gap between the blades and housing ?
tanxz;)

·
Registered
71 Posts
We never did it on a roots blower. When we put a PSI blower on it, then it needed it. You will know if it starts loading up the longer it idles.
Once you open the throttle, it will run clean.
But if you need to do it....once the car starts up, and before they roll in to pre stage.....
Don't make a big deal about it...the last thing a driver wants is to mess up his procedure so someone can over compensate for something that doesnt exist.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
If it builds ice and the idle speed drops, de ice it.
When I ran a magnesium injector it would freeze enough to cool a 6 pack. Got a carbon one now probably ices half as much.

Didnt do much with a roots

·
Registered
1,582 Posts
Our psi screw has been pushing it in the humid summer. Now that it cooled of we were running in the driveway and I let it ice up a little. When the driver hit the transbrake it died instantly. When I put the ratchet on it to run it backwards it was hydraulic'ed.
Don't let it ice up and die with a screw...

·
Registered
9,850 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Our psi screw has been pushing it in the humid summer. Now that it cooled of we were running in the driveway and I let it ice up a little. When the driver hit the transbrake it died instantly. When I put the ratchet on it to run it backwards it was hydraulic'ed.
Don't let it ice up and die with a screw...
:smt103:smt103:smt103 Yipes , mine is a play toy compared to y'alls stuff:( just added more injectors ( EFI) and was wondering ......

Thanks YB members ! :smt023

1 - 17 of 17 Posts