Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need to know how to mount a roof mount tow hook , can you put it threw the roll bar at the corner and bracket the tube or does it have to go beside the roll bar....if anybody as some pics... it would help
thanks fastone

·
Registered
721 Posts
I triangulate mine on the inside corner of the bars. A gusset at the top and bottom of the bars, in the corner, with a hole and a sleeve welded in the hole, flush with the roof.

I have seen some tech guys get funny about holes in tubes, even with sleeves.

·
Registered
868 Posts
Why wouldn't you just push the car with a 4-wheeler or golfcart instead of pulling it. I have seen roof panels crinckle and all kinds of good things with pulling a race car. I have a mount that goes onto the front of the 4wheeler that hooks right on to the parachuet mount.

·
Registered
2,687 Posts
Why wouldn't you just push the car with a 4-wheeler or golfcart instead of pulling it. I have seen roof panels crinckle and all kinds of good things with pulling a race car. I have a mount that goes onto the front of the 4wheeler that hooks right on to the parachuet mount.
I agree with the push part. Avoids taking out the hood scoop or running into the back of the golf cart. It is nice even if you have a push bar to have a receiver for a roof hook in case you find yourself at a track without your push rig and someone else needs to tow you.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts