Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats cool, get him started early. Ill refrain from stating the obvious.
He's two. He usually wears a helmet. He's only going 9 mph. lol When he gets a pw50 for Christmas, he won't be allowed on it without all the protective gear on.

·
Registered
8,427 Posts
bad parent you are teaching your kid to have fun and be outside. (sarcasm)

great job, keep your health insurance paid up, probably an ER visit in his future. We all had them growing up, mostly stitches for me no broken bones, I guess I didn't try hard enough.

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The electric bike is an awesome bridge between his balance bike and an actual dirt bike. He has learned about throttle control and even knows where the brake is. Unfortunately, his hand is too small to effectively use the front brake but once he gets on a pw50, I'm certain he will learn to use the back brake quickly. Maybe by then his hands will be big enough to use the front brake. His older brother did not learn to use the front brake until he was nine. Or, at least refused to use it until then. lol

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,125 Posts
Put that boy on a real motorsickle!! :p

Me and my cousins were riding a little Indian 50 that all of us grew up on right around his age.

KTM makes a 50cc 2smoke centrifugal clutch bike. My son had one around 4 or 5 years old. Had him flat tracking mad dog XR100's at 9. lol

Start them early, Never use training wheels, and as soon as they are able to get their throttle control and braking and the basics of riding, get them a bike with a clutch. I know all the "cool kids" are doing rekluse clutch, but its the best way to get them to be good riders.

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Santa will probably bring him a PW50 for Christmas. I don't know who will be more excited, me or him. lol

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Put that boy on a real motorsickle!! :p

Me and my cousins were riding a little Indian 50 that all of us grew up on right around his age.

KTM makes a 50cc 2smoke centrifugal clutch bike. My son had one around 4 or 5 years old. Had him flat tracking mad dog XR100's at 9. lol

Start them early, Never use training wheels, and as soon as they are able to get their throttle control and braking and the basics of riding, get them a bike with a clutch. I know all the "cool kids" are doing rekluse clutch, but its the best way to get them to be good riders.
I have a KTM 50 sr. way too big for him now.

lol I'll probably get him a cobra when he turns four or next year for Christmas if he does well on the PW50.

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #12

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #13

Roman's older brother Rylan whom he always tries to emulate. He's riding my 250 and he's AMA 8 yo.

·
Gas Passer
4,779 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
https://i.imgur.com/98raCyX.mp4

It took some coaching from Roman's older brother Rylan, to get him to come down the face of that big table top. Roman was very apprehensive at first and I'm certain to him, it looked like a huge hill. I was shocked that he never once dumped his bike as there were some pretty good ruts on that jump. He seems to be progressing well. Do you guys think he's ready for a PW50? My daughter doesn't want me to get him one for Christmas...she wants me to wait until February (his third birthday). What says the bullet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts