Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
The rolling blackouts were almost statewide. Had three blackout periods in Baytown, 45 minutes more or less each time, starting at 6:45 a.m.

The excuse for the blackouts was that a) two coal-fired generating plants had to shut down because of broken cooling water pipes that were not protected from the freezing weather and b) the natural-gas-fired backup generating plants had trouble firing up because of low gas pressure caused by the high demand for home heating.

In other words, the geniuses who charge outrageous prices for electric power can't read weather forecasts and apparently don't watch TV newscasts either. :-damnit

·
Registered
5,082 Posts
Oh, yeah, forgot about the real crown jewel in the whole deal...Jimmy's electric palace (you know, the place where they are holding some sort of football contest this weekend) was immune from the blackouts, despite the fact that it's one of the biggest consumers of electricity in the state.

Homeland Security told the state power grid management authority that blacking out the stadium would create a security risk.

CMAFR:

·
Registered
102 Posts
What a bunch of ass clowns we have had the rolling black outs in houston also. Its a big pain in the ass because some dumb mutherfuck couldnt read a weather forecast.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Yea tell that to billy bobs grandma who is freezing her ass off because she has no heat. And little johnny who is two who asks mommy why its cold in the house, because the power is off.

·
Banned
41,558 Posts
The rolling blackouts were almost statewide. Had three blackout periods in Baytown, 45 minutes more or less each time, starting at 6:45 a.m.

The excuse for the blackouts was that a) two coal-fired generating plants had to shut down because of broken cooling water pipes that were not protected from the freezing weather and b) the natural-gas-fired backup generating plants had trouble firing up because of low gas pressure caused by the high demand for home heating.

In other words, the geniuses who charge outrageous prices for electric power can't read weather forecasts and apparently don't watch TV newscasts either. :-damnit
As true as it may be, that made me laugh.

Well done ;)

·
Registered
5,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Well, on the bright side... my parts did come in a few minutes ago. Just in time for me to fire up the car to warm it up for the ride home before it gets dark.

Get this, I wanted to see how their band compares to the bands I have used for years. My Einstein parts guy says there are actually two bands they handle. So I said send 'em both. The only difference in the part numbers is the letter "A" at the end of one of em right? Well, there is a $20 difference in price. So I'm thinking one oughta be pretty nice.

They get here and they both have the same part number and date code stamped on 'em from the same manufacturer. I wonder what brilliant been counter came up with that one.

g

·
Registered
2,444 Posts
Some of the old plants dont have protection for this cold weather. Causing them to trip when certain water lines froze up. Right now they are trying to fire up a couple other plants that were down for maintenance. But, yes, someone missed the boat on this one.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts