Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
On a set of mechanical roller lifters is the vertical or horizontal bar better, stronger?
I was checking on price & they range from $250-$1000 why the big difference?

·
Registered
69,382 Posts
Quality typically costs more.
This is one area of the engine build where you really don't want to skimp.

·
Registered
2,751 Posts
Stay away from comp lifters.Lots of people with problems over the last few years.Isky,crower are my ideas.

·
Registered
69,382 Posts
What brand is a quality lifter?
Does it matter if it is vertical or horizontal bar?
Most come with a horizontal tie bar. I've never failed one ... Morel roller lifters in my smallblock.

Regardless which brand you go with, get the pressure fed pin oiling option. This feeds pressurized oil to the roller lifter's axle and bearings.

Been following your other threads. Since your putting together a new engine for the track and to run on the street, highly recommend going to the larger .903" dia lifter.

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Iskys new EZX Lifters are a great design. Seen great success with them. I run a stock lifter bore .842 in my 588ci... with these. Over a 1000 lbs open ...320'ish seat pressure....no problem at all. My opinion ...save ur money on hogging out the bores...and get the EZX'S from Isky. Cheers.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I'd get either Isky or Crower lifters. I have a set of Isky Red Zone solid rollers in my hemi.

Crane makes a decent lifter for the price also. Not the quality of Isky or Crower, but for 1/2 the price they are a good piece.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Iskys new EZX Lifters are a great design. Seen great success with them. I run a stock lifter bore .842 in my 588ci... with these. Over a 1000 lbs open ...320'ish seat pressure....no problem at all. My opinion ...save ur money on hogging out the bores...and get the EZX'S from Isky. Cheers.
X2!

·
Registered
2,765 Posts
Elimenating the needle bearings has made our job much easier,instead of repairing thousands of dollars of needle bearing damage ,our customers save money ,race more ,win more and when the engine comes back to the shop it is for basic freshen up or upgrades.Isky EZXrolls the best insurance for your engine.Bill C.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I dont run horizontal bars in BBC'c. I have saw them want to bind up at higher lobe lifts. Ran both types in SBC's with no problems.

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I checked these out, they are awesome.
I'm gettin these for my new short block build.

·
Registered
361 Posts
Good Choice. I did alot of homework this past year on roller lifters for my application. Morel's and Iskey ez-rolls are the ones to use. I went w/ez-rolls. I have a 565 big chief engine w/350 on the seat. Unfortunately the short block was already together otherwise I would have opted for the 903's. Iskey told me the 842's would be fine. They had guys out there that had hundreds of passes on them w/no issues with the kind of pressure I have. I would seriously consider putting the 903's in your engine for my next rebuild or new engine will have the upgrade. Do your homework and call Iskey. FYI, with a discount, I paid under a $1,000.00 for my offset lifters.
Good luck

·
Registered
2,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I am going with Isky lifters, but I was curious where you buy Morel lifters?
I did a Google search & no website.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Run Crower hippo in my SBC. Good quality and work great so far. Heard the same about comp lifters from alot of people as well. Spend the money and dont look back.

·
Registered
3,095 Posts
For Morels contact Chris Straub on Y.B.

I have to tell you I chose the Isky EZmax lifter for my build. I did not want a needle bearing lifter. The Isky has a bushing and it wont track the cam like a needle bearing lifter will if the lifter bores are off. I had a clean slate so I had Carl @ CNCNE true the cam tunnel and lifter bores and stepped up to the 903 lifter. I have a BBC build Strip, Street engine 320lbs on the seat 800lbs on the nose.

I talked with some of the top builders and they all praised the Isky.

I had a problem because I bought the lifters early in the build. I had owned them for 2 years. Then Carl measured my lifter bores and they were to the high side of spec. The lifters are to the low side and it gave me to much clearence. I took a shot and called Isky. I spoke to Ron and explained the problem. He tells me what problem they are my lifters send them to me . I did, he called me back and said I will set you up with the EZmax. What other company would exchange a lifter you bought 2 years a go no questions asked. Isky really stands behind thier product, they are a great company and made in the U.S.A.

I hope this helps you. Good luck with the build. Cheers!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Jesel all the way... Go with there new solid body lifter. & just under $1200.00 you'll never have to worry about lifters again.. pm me or call 267-446-3525 ask for Tom..

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Just an FYI...Morel makes them for Isky!!!
I am going with Isky lifters, but I was curious where you buy Morel lifters?
I did a Google search & no website.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts