Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,818 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on a factory block (1970) 3970014 casting number, when using a small base circle roller cam .900 do you need a lifter designed for the small base circle? i see comp sells a lifter just for the small base circle

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Yes. The lifter is taller so the link bars don't hit the block. Always a good idea to check the clearance between the link bars and lifter boss area.

·
Registered
436 Posts
I had to get Isky Red Zones that are long with my small base cam. NOT CHEAP!!!

·
Registered
937 Posts
Why are you going with the small base circle cam? I know of two reasons, crank clearance and to retrofit a non roller block.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
Why are you going with the small base circle cam? I know of two reasons, crank clearance and to retrofit a non roller block.

Actually its increased rod clearance that is gained by going to a small base circle cam.

The retro-fit aspect does not come into play.

I just put together a 383 s/b with a standard base circle Comp Cams custom ground hydraulic roller into a first generation 350 block. Bought their best std height hyd roller lifters for it - $500. Running Eagle's "stroker" rods.

Had to clearance four rods a little bit. Depending on the rod used, on some applications, a small base circle cam is the only choice since the deck height of a s/b is 9.025 +/-

On my 406, it runs a small base circle Lunati solid roller with the same 3.75 stroke" but it has the Lunati Pro-Mod series 6" rods.

·
Banned
71,969 Posts
If yous wants to play.....you gots to pay !!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts