Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a howards soild roller cam with one bad lobe.the lifter want bad.i can get it repair and profile for $120.00 from engle cams.is it a wast of time to get it repair??

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
no. it save the money of a new one......send it back to howards......did you call them.....they should be ble to do it... and for maybe less cause it their CAM........

·
Registered
778 Posts
Not to hijack but I also have a solid roller with a "dent" wore in one lobe. Not sure how it happened (any guesses?)but who is most suited to repair it, can most cam companies repair damage like that?

·
Registered
9,955 Posts
crower just fixed a bbc cam for me.....pretty bad, and when it cam back it looked like it was never used..it was there cam though.....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i call engle cams about repairing the cam.they help me out before.real good people.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I have an old crower roller, its got some pitting. 130 for the whole cam to fix pits and polish. How about a regrind for more lift on my cam?

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
can regind if its not soft yet. send it in or send me some good pics. yes should be able to hop it up in lift / dur. etc.. lobe separation is fixed ,so we cant change that but maybe a 1/2 to 1 degree.

·
Registered
5,191 Posts
I have 2 HYD roller cams can they be regrind to solid lifter profile. 1 is lunati grind on 112 LSA 232-242 @.050 .578/.595 lift and the other is Crane on 108 lsa 244-248 @ .050 .632-.632 Both cams were on billet core with cast dist gear. Could you provide example of what could be done with those 2 cams

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
can increse lobe lifts about .015" to .020" and duration at .050" can go up 10 to 15 degrees from where they are now if there in good condition and not roller tracking now.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts