Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to put a rollbar in the 73 Mustang vert I'm re-doing for my son,,(for looks only)

Jegs sells padding in 3 foot sections,,How do I attach it around the bends so it doesn't look "Ghetto". I don't want to use tape.

Ideas??

·
Registered
14,482 Posts
Contact adheasive and or color matching zip ties, a lot of the padding can be heated with a hot air gun to allow it to retain a bend better.

·
Vendor
6,455 Posts
Some of the padding has self stick tape on the inside that helps but zip ties finish off the job especially when you have bends.

·
SunDial Express
1,437 Posts
I have an 86 mustang vert that i am thinking of putting in a 6 point. would like to see how this comes out Rick

·
Registered
9,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Question:
Should I coat the pipes with conact cement, then start to apply the padding and as we move up to the bends use the heat gun to get the bends correct??

I was thinking, If we did it that way, wrapping it with wax paper,,then using stucco tape ( BETTER THAN DUCT TAPE ) to secure it until the contact cement bonds.

Should we use a razor knife to " form" it on the bends???

·
Registered
1,027 Posts
Wheatherstrip adhesive and colored zip ties

·
Registered
22,628 Posts
I have about 8 3 foot strips if you want to buy them brand new,20.00 plus shipping.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Is it the old style roll bar padding that goes around the whole bar, or newer stuff like JAZ makes that only covers the front side of the bar? If its the JAZ type it's hard to get it to bend and I just cut if it's a sharp angle. And I've also found the velcro that comes with it sucks and I use zip ties. Might sound ghetto but it looks good and EVERY Bickel, Hass and RJ built car i've seen does it the same way.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Here's an old shot of mine. Adhesive backing and zip ties.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts