Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Just out of curiosity, have 4130 prices skyrocketed like mild steel has? Man, we have been dealing with steel price increases on a daily basis here at work. How has the steel industry been treating you guys who use tubing?

Marshall

·
Registered
492 Posts
I get $1600 for a 6pt and $2600 for a 10pt. Chromoly only, prices include materials. Stuff like swingouts, etc is extra.

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
I don't do mild steel here either. For a basic 10 point in moly has been $1900. However, with the cost of everything going up, I am going to have to raise my prices as well.

·
Registered
713 Posts
What are you guys paying per foot for 1.625 X .083 4130? I bought some back in Dec07 for $4.35/ft just curious if its way up from those prices.

·
7.86 @ 8800DA 3365lb 275s
4,502 Posts
What are you guys paying per foot for 1.625 X .083 4130? I bought some back in Dec07 for $4.35/ft just curious if its way up from those prices.
The last order i got was the first part of july and i paid $4.28 for 1 5/8" X .083 and was told it went up 7 percent a week before i ordered (damn it) the order before that (march) i payed $3.80 a foot.

Justin

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
cage

M/S cage is free and I pay you when I do it in C/M thats how it is around my shop :rolleyes: :rock:

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
Just out of curiosity, have 4130 prices skyrocketed like mild steel has? Man, we have been dealing with steel price increases on a daily basis here at work. How has the steel industry been treating you guys who use tubing?

Marshall
well I don't work in a chasis shop, but I set up cnc tube benders for a living,We bend mostly for CATERPILLAR, CUMMINS AND MACK/VOLVO alot of it 304 and 316 stainless, 1/2 inch - 7 inch and what we are seeing is they are skimping on the tubes every way they can. They are coming in on the minimum of their tolerance on wall thickness and also the make up of the stainless..I am told we had some checked(don't know how the hell they do that) and it barely the minimum requirements (whatever that means) to be 304 ss.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts