Yellow Bullet Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can anybody tell me how much lay back the main hoop can be to the back of the car for a 25.3 cage
thanks fastone

·
Registered
105 Posts
as long as its supported correctly I dont see there being any difference

Think of a playing card standing on edge. If you press straight down when its straight up, pretty stiff. Now lean it one way and press down again- it's noticeably weaker and bends. Same idea with the main hoop. The more you lean, the less effective it is.

·
fabricator
1,172 Posts
Think of a playing card standing on edge. If you press straight down when its straight up, pretty stiff. Now lean it one way and press down again- it's noticeably weaker and bends. Same idea with the main hoop. The more you lean, the less effective it is.
That would be true if you only put a main hoop in your car and all your forces were applied straight down. But, that's not how pressure is applied in a race car. When you triangulate everything it is way stronger. Think more of a pyramid than a playing card. I don't see anything wrong with layback.

·
Registered
299 Posts
well the leaning card isnt supported correctly !

1 - 8 of 8 Posts